Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The big annual Frank Beddor Nationals track event at Daytona is coming up soon. It's a 3 day track event on the Rolex course there on the Daytona Super Speedway in Daytona, Florida, USA. It's put on by the Ohio Chapter of the Audi club. It's a rare opportunity to run the 24 hour "roval" road course there.

I'm going. Is anyone else here going? I'll try to post some pictures and videos afterwards.

-- UPDATE --

They sent out the roster. There are 4 R8's total that will be there, the other 3 are students. I'm the only instructor in one. Just goes to show there's probably a BUNCH of R8 owners out there who never participate in this forum. Too bad, they're missing an awful lot!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was a truly memorable event! 160 MPH (257 KPH) top speed for me in the R8, and those 31 degree banks are dizzying! Plus hanging with some famous pro drivers. I'm putting together a video, will post it later in the picture forum. Here's a quick view.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
To those who have never driven at Daytona...it is really weird - and fun.

The banking - you look right *into* the turn, and must look out the side window to see what is coming up.

Good times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts