Audi R8 Forums banner

Audi Exclusive?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike 
#1 ·
Forgive the repetition, but I posted this question already at the end of a thread about color choices and no one responded, likely because the thread was played out and no one saw it. I'm reposting this question as a new thread because I really would like to hear about how "Exclusive" works:

Can anyone clear up the "Audi Exclusive" offerings--for US buyers?

I've heard both, on the one hand, that they can provide "any color" if you give them a sample, AND, contrdictorily, that their offering is limited to "any Audi (or VW or V.A.G.
or Porsche or some variant of companies) color of the past 10 (or you pick the number) years."

So what, actually, do they make available to the R8 buyer (in the US at least)? Do they have tiers of offering with escalating prices? IS there actually an "Audi Exclusive Catalog?" I've seen that post of the orange R8's window sticker with the $2500 charge for the special color. What I'm wondering is, what colors are available at that price?

Anyone who can shed some light on this from actual knowledge (as opposed to rumor), please weigh in. I've only gotten vague response to this question from my dealers rep..

See less See more
#2 ·
Dealers and salespeople know precious little about AE. You have to push them and do much of the research yourself. Its very time consuming for them, not really commissionable and they simply don't have the resources to deal with AE on the off chance that a customer or two per year might want it. Im pretty tight with my salesguy and that the impression I have gotten. By the time I was done configuring the car, he should have split the commission

Send me your email address either here or by PM and Ill email you the 2009 AE Order Guide, the US Contact for AE with Audi corporate and some things I learned. The guide is too big to attach here.

#4 ·
The AE can get pricey plus you have to pay them $1200 JUST FOR THE RIGHT to use them. I took the position that if Im going to spend mid $100k's on a car, the incremental increase in cost to truly make the car my own... what's the difference at that point? I spent $17k in AE upgrades and most of that was leather and alcantara and there was STILL another $5k or so I couldve spent on leather... the entire rear shelf. Having spent the money... it was well worth it. The car is so luxurious inside... every surface within reach is leather or alcantara and there is some polished grey surfaces thrown in to balance it.

$5k over MSRP in this economy... I'd walk to

#5 ·
Oh believe me the car was beautiful and very unique. the sales manager was good. He put AE car next to PB/ black to show off the difference in how the interior popped. He was working me. I almost bought it, but they wouldn't budge on the price of the car. I was asking for $10K, then $5K off sticker.

Russman your R8 sounds really nice. What AE color did you order? Any pics?

#7 ·
#6 ·
You can google AE and download the PDF off the internet. There's plenty of out there who could email you the sheet as well. There are several packages. I ordered the $6,000 package (plus $500 for matching floor mats). You can get crazy---they have $20,000 plus packages available. However, one thing to watch for....they add $1,200 for so-called "processing" fee! Kind of pissed me off, as it wasn't disclosed upfront. I had my dealer pay for half of it! In the end, it's totally worth it!! (Check out my post: "The Jet Has Landed") You can also request your dealer to send samples of the colors before you order. I highly recommend this as you cannot get a good idea from the order sheet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.