Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying, that I don't know much about maintenance. In fact, I don't even own any tools other than a few I picked up at a gas station that are like a combined hammer and screw driver!

Do you all agree that the deal Audi has for pre-paid maintenance is an amazing deal???

Here are my stats:

2014 V8 with 40k miles and needs an oil change in June 2021 (price of oil change is $349.95 for just the oil change at the dealer).

I have been putting about 12k to 16k miles a year on the car for the 2 plus years I've owned it (mostly highway road trips) and I plan to continue to do that.

The 55k service costs $2,476 at my dealer if purchased at time of service and I would likely do that next summer when I go to get the oil change as this is the big service and includes even new spark plugs and all sort of other stuff.

The 65k service costs $1,645 at my dealer and is less than the 55k service, but still quite a bit of stuff.

So, it looks to me like I can pay the $1,250 now for the prepaid 55k and 65k services and avoid paying a total of $4,121 for those services over the next 2 years. That is like a 70% discount and the services are transferable if I sell the car.

Am I thinking about this correctly? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got them on a phone call with the service women I work with at the audi dealer I go to. I will ask her to send me pricing sheet and try to post it here, but that is price she quoted me just now and was ready to take my credit card.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still working on getting the audicare price list, but the 55k and 65k services that are done include the below. I assume the mechanics on here could do this stuff at home for like $100 bucks or something, but I cant and I prefer to keep service at the Audi dealer as I know they screw me on price, but don't mess up my car. Is the $1250 paid today for these services next summer and the summer after a good deal in your opinion to get these two services done?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else have any thoughts on this topic? Would you buy the Audi Care Select? I've been reading a few other forums about it and I learned you can also buy it from any dealer nationwide so if I buy it from the Bozeman, MT Audi dealer, I save like $150 on taxes because I don't have to pay my state sales tax. I live in Illinois and out of principle I dont want to give this state a penny more of my money than need be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts