Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been discussed, discussed, and discussed even more, but I have heard a great range of pricing especially being higher lately. I am looking at a 2017 R8 Spyder with about 1.5 years left on the manufacturers warratyt. I would like to warranty the car for an additional 3 years so I'm looking at a total of 7 years from onset of the new car warranty. I do not put many miles on a car so a total of 50-60k miles would work. All said, I'm looking for a 7 year 60k warranty from Audi Pure. Being a Spyder, I am limited as to which insurance company I can use.. I have spoken to Neil Brenner who is the extended warranty guru but was told I would have to go with the Audi dealership the car is at to get an Audipure warranty (new rules from Audi). If anyone has purchased an extended warranty lately for a 17-18 R8 Spyder, I would appreciate some quotes. Preferably a no deductible warranty.
Thank you and Happy New Year! SAFE MOTORING!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased Audi Pure Platinum for my 2014 4.2 Spider, and paid $5800 to extend my factory warranty by 3 years and 70,000 miles with a $100 deductible. In the 18 months I’ve owned the car they did an engine out AC compressor replacement ($7500) and completely replaced the manual transmission (approx $20 k).
Both were completed without issue or requiring me to do anything at all, including free loaner cars both times. Sewell Audi in north Houston is an awesome dealer, flawless service for both of my A8s, an A7 and currently an A5 sportback.
Obviously I had a good experience, except for losing the use of my car for three months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have tried Neil several times with no response also. Does anyone know if he is still around? I hope he is OK.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Neil is definitely still around, he answered some questions I had about an extended warranty on my 2017 PLUS.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Can someone post his contact info? I know i've seen it before but can't find it. Maybe an email address? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any luck with the contact info?

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mucho gracias

·
Registered
90 Posts
Confirmed today my 2017 plus with 3,000 miles I can not buy a Audi warranty. Only a fidelity platinum warranty at this point. Audi will not sell a ext warranty anymore after the point of sale. I bought the car private owner so may be different if you buy thru a dealer ..idk. The car is under factory warranty still till 4/2020. Must have been one of the earliest 2017 on the road 4/2016

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also can confirm, multiple Audi dealers will only sell Audi Pure Platinum warranties at the time the car is purchased from that Audi dealer. APP is from in-service date so 7 years or 84 months is the maximum which would end in 2023 or 2024

If you've already purchased your car, aftermarket warranties such as Fidelity through Neil is likely your best option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts