Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Months before the first Audi R8 will be delivered to customers in the UK, Audi has confirmed orders for all of the 400 cars that will be available there for sale. Just in case anyone changes their mind, there are 50 more orders in line behind them. If you still want one and aren't in the first group of 450, classified ads are beginning to list them for sale as well.
With the automotive world abuzz about the latest hot rod from Ingolstadt, Audi hasn't exactly been shy about having the cars out in public. They've been seen around Europe as well as in the US, where Audi recently paraded one through the streets of New York.

Delivery in the UK is expected in the spring of 2007 with pricing starting around £77,000. The R8 is scheduled to go on sale in the US in 2007 as a 2008 model. Pricing is rumored to be in the $80-100K (US) range, depending on the model and powertrain.

[Source: 4car news]

See more pics after the jump!

Related Items:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Does anyone know whether the R8 will be included in the European Delivery program either for US and/or UK sales:confused: ?
As far as I am aware ... Europe will get the R8 at the same sort of time that the UK will ... although how many each country (and indeed just which countries) will be allocated I really don't know.

Sorry to not be of much help ... but if you are in a European country and have a deposit down ... my guess is you'll get an R8 someimte in 2007.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Perhaps I should clarify, I live in the States, Miami-Florida. Audi here has a "European delivery program" for some models in their line-up. What that means is that for additional money you fly to Germany, stay in one of a few recomended hotels around the factory and go pick up your car over there to later bring it to the US. Here is what they describe it at Audiusa.com
"Exciting News! October 13, 2006 marks a
milestone in the history of Audi when our customers
can experience the thrill of a European vacation while
driving the vehicle of their dreams on the Autobahn!
We have received hundreds of requests from Audi
enthusiasts interested in taking delivery of their Audi in
Europe. Now it is possible. Our customers can
experience the flair of Audi authentically
at the Customer Center of Audi Forum Ingolstadt!
This is where you will take delivery of your Audi and
experience a vivid insight into Audi’s philosophy, views
and heritage through a guided discovery tour of our factory
and historical museum. A fascinating brand experience
and not only for car enthusiasts."

The idea is to pick it up and then go on vacation around wherever, they have about 90 sites where you can, after roaming around in your new Audi, drop it, they ship it and according to them between 30-40 days later you are contacted and pick it up here in the states. I was wondering if this would be available for the R8. I asked my sales team here in Miami at The Collection, they have no idea yet. What is on my mind is that if that were possible for the R8 then one could locate perhaps a driving school, preferable via Audi or not, and make out of it a truly unique experience. For those in the site here in the states, I think is something to think about.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ah ... in that case then ... I don;t know ... sorry ... :eek:

I know there are some UK users on here trying to push for factory visits ... although I don't think that's anything like the situation you're describing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just a quick thought if AUDI only building 15 cars a day ,75 a week and they aren't releasing them till june/july all over europe there's going to be alot of cars built and stored before the launch .

Do you really want one of the first cars as it could be upto 8 months old before you take delivery and could be stored at the docks ?:confused:

My garage
Porsche 997 ,volvo Xc 90 ,Robinson R44 raven 2

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
... ... ... Do you really want one of the first cars as it could be upto 8 months old before you take delivery and could be stored at the docks ?:confused: ... ... ...
Seeing as it's an aliminium chasis with aliminium panels ... it won't rust ... :D

Seriously though ... imho ... the first cars will likely go to the first people Audi have on their waiting list in Germany, and maybe some other European countries (probably high profile, or regular big spending, customers) ... thereafter cars will be made to order and as and when they are built they will probably be delivered to their owners ... within a couple of weeks of rolling off the production line ... European countries first, then rolling out to countries further afield.

My RS4 was built in March 2006 ... I took delivery in ... March 2006 ... having put my order in on 21 November 2005 ... yes the very day after Jeremy Clarkson reviewed the car on BBC's TopGear motoring program! ... which seeing as I didn't even have my name on a waiting list ... as the car was much further advanced than the R8 when I walked into the dealership ... so, imho, I can't see that anyone's R8 will be sat in a dock ... or anywhere else for that matter ... for 8 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts