Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has taken a bit longer than expected, as anything great does, but I am please to announce that the Audi R8 Carbon Fiber Aerodynamic Package from PFD Carbonworks is in production and available for purchase. Components include the R8 Front Splitters, R8 Side Splitters and the R8 Rear Lip Spoiler. PFD Carbonworks is the only company to deliver such an integrated and refined carbon fiber package for your R8.

This is Superior Carbon Fiber with the same weave and finish as the Audi R8 Carbon Fiber side blade and V10 Carbon Fiber engine dress up package. Each component was designed to improved aerodynamic performance of the R8 while complimenting its beautiful lines and surfaces. The results are stunning yet refined, befitting the beauty and simplicity of the R8 while incorporating the material richness of natural carbon fiber components. Each component is authenticated, dated, serialized and personally signed by me prior to delivery.

Components install easily and will not effect road height or ramp angles. The R8 Front Splitters install easily with 3M Automotive tape and the two factory fasteners on the underside of the front bumper. The R8 Side Splitters install easily with 3M Automotive tape and five self-drilling fasteners on the underside of the rocker panel. The R8 Rear Lip Spoiler installs easily with 3M Automotive tape and has been tested to sustained 130MPH speeds.

Current Fitments:
Front Splitters - R8, R8 5.2 and R8 GT.
Side Splitters - R8.
Rear Lip Spoiler - R8 and R8 5.2.

For more images see our News section: http://www.pfdcarbonworks.com/blog/?p=133

Looking forward to providing the community with some great products!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Not bad for introductoin pieces. We here at the forum could help make some REALLY AWESOME pieces-- with your assistance of course.:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harrison, the pieces are designed to complement the lines of the car and improve down force. Let me know what kind of parts people are looking for and we may be able to provide. We are developing the Side Splitters for the V10 and may develop a more aggressive and functional new rear diffuser for the V8.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Looks good. Can you provide a direct side view and top view of the rear spoiler?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,985 Posts
Front splitter looks very nice and the carbon work on everything is beautiful.

I'm not a fan of the side splitters, but then again I don't like the lower panels on the V10 - too much testosterone for such a beautifully sexy vehicle. But, if they are truly functional, then they're a good thing. I would like to see a shot that is perpendicular to the side of the car if possible. The angle I see may not represent the piece as well as it could.

They may actually be much more subtle than I think they are (comment based on the studio picture).

Rear spoiler good to 130 mph - uhm... if these are pieces on a tracked car, there may be an issue with such a low speed. I dislike the idea of an invasive mounting system (screwing it on from the bottom side of the OEM spoiler), but it may be something to consider. Either a blind nut system or studs molded into the piece that run through the OEM spoiler and fasten from below would work very well.

At least you're using 3M tape, as there is none better.

Once again, very nice work.

p.s. - loosen up on the sales pitch; you sound like a brochure instead of an enthusiast. :) Give us the handshake and a smile sale instead.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'll be getting more shots tomorrow from the photographer. I'll see if there are any direct side and top shots.

If not I'll capture some next Saturday and post, the local car with the first parts is with the owner and I'll be traveling next week. I have customer with a V10 down in SoCal who picked up the lip spoiler and front splitters, so I'll see if he can provide shots as well.

As for the testing to 130 MPH that was just a proven speed from the car running at PIR as a hot lap taxi.The 3M tape is good to top speeds. You can screw through the OEM wing into the bottom of the add on lip spoiler but I know most owners don't want to desecrate their cars factory body work.

p.s. I hate to be the sales guy, I'm just a low key designer playing that part (poorly) while trying to share my enthusiasm in a professional manner for the products I've created. So I'll tone it down. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,985 Posts
Thanks everyone. I'll be getting more shots tomorrow from the photographer. I'll see if there are any direct side and top shots.

If not I'll capture some next Saturday and post, the local car with the first parts is with the owner and I'll be traveling next week. I have customer with a V10 down in SoCal who picked up the lip spoiler and front splitters, so I'll see if he can provide shots as well.
Cool. Thank you.

PFD Carbonworks said:
As for the testing to 130 MPH that was just a proven speed from the car running at PIR as a hot lap taxi.The 3M tape is good to top speeds. You can screw through the OEM wing into the bottom of the add on lip spoiler but I know most owners don't want to desecrate their cars factory body work.
Ah, okay. I must admit I was a tad surprised at the lowish speed - good to hear that you feel it's competent at top end speeds. - as stated 3M is the good stuff, so enough of it should give enough surface area to keep it all stuck down well. I wouldn't want to drill through the spoiler either, but if needed, it's an option (just hope one doesn't decide to remove it later).

PFD Carbonworks said:
p.s. I hate to be the sales guy, I'm just a low key designer playing that part (poorly) while trying to share my enthusiasm in a professional manner for the products I've created. So I'll tone it down. Thanks.
No worries. I appreciate you taking it in the manner I was intending and not being offended. It's a good crowd here and the more laid back the better. :)

Did I miss pricing? I skimmed through the other thread you posted, but don't recall seeing any there either.

Can you post pix of the pieces on their own and not installed? I am very curious and interested in the front splitter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As requested here are some shots of the components prior to installation. The first four images are the Side Splitter final parts with the proper manufacturing and finish quality which is consistent with the OEM V10 engine cover parts.

The last shot is of the Front Splitters, as noted that are the PROTOTYPE #1 REJECTED parts, you can see some weave distortion and resin issues that necessitated the change in manufacturing and schedule delay.

Sorry I didn't get any shots of these finals as the first batch of these and the spoilers have shipped out already.

http://www.pfdcarbonworks.com/blog/?p=

Pricing is on the main site at: http://www.pfdcarbonworks.com/audi_r8.php?IID=2

·
Registered
79 Posts
care about the price

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Why dont you make some GT replica parts for a cheaper price? Im sure there would be a big demand.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, nice sale, I'm interested in the side splitters. Do you have any idea what is the shipping costs to SOCAL? My zip is 92614. Also, are they in stock now? If not, what's the ETA on getting them shipped out? Where are they produced? Please let us know, thanks!

ANDY

·
Registered
28 Posts
Phil:

As you know, I am thrilled with the rear lip and front splitters I got from you for my V10. Do you have V10 side splitters yet? Can't wait.

THX
Craig

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Craig,

They are on the to do list. We are generating interest on the V10 diffuser to group development. Once we hit 10 confirmed parties that program will kick off development along with the V10 side splitters.

BTW you are confirmed as #001 for the rear diffuser per your earlier interest.

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8320&page=2

Thanks for your support. Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts