Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to start a thread where our customers can leave their feedbacks for everyone to read and learn more about our Audi R8 Kevlar clutch.

I like to start by thanking Khaled aka Doorme for buying 2 of our Audi R8 Kevlar clutches. He wanted to buy a Audi R8 clutch that will last longer than a stock/oem clutch.

The first R8 Kevlar clutch, that he bought from us, was for his R8 V8. After driving it for a few hundred miles, he realized that it shifts quicker at 7-8k rpm. We told him, it shifts faster because hi quality Kevlar grabs better and even our Murcielago and Gallardo customers have noticed the faster shifting.

Here is his post and video of our clutch in his R8 V8.

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/193-hi-tech-exotic/11150-i-did-kevlar-clutch-my-r8.html

After selling his R8 V8 and buying a V10, he decided to install our R8 V10 Kevlar clutch again. He wanted to have the same quick shifting and also wanted a clutch that lasts 300% longer than a stock/oem clutch. He loves how reliable our Kevlar clutch is, even in very hot weather. In Saudi Arabia, temperatures get up to 110-120 degrees.

Here is his post and video on his R8 V10 with our Kevlar clutch.

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/193-hi-tech-exotic/76409-i-did-kevlar-clutch-my-v10-r8.html

As you can see, the shifting is very smooth and precise. The upshifts and the downshifts are very crisp.

We also have a lot of feedbacks from our Lamborghini customers. You can read about them on this thread. It is over 30 pages so take your time and read all of them.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-gallardo-clutch-outstanding-17194/

If you have any questions, please feel to contact us at 1-888-456-0437 or [email protected].

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am very happy with my clutch setup when I put the car to max and shift it will shift hard and fast in fact the downshift sound of the exhaust even better now I never found sound like in the net.
when upshift it feel like rifle engage and disengage in fast motion.
I have capristo exhaust which I really love of the sound and quality.
as far as customer support and after sales Sean always there to respond to all my question and queries which is highly appreciated.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very happy with my clutch setup when I put the car to max and shift it will shift hard and fast in fact the downshift sound of the exhaust even better now I never found sound like in the net.
when upshift it feel like rifle engage and disengage in fast motion.
I have capristo exhaust which I really love of the sound and quality.
as far as customer support and after sales Sean always there to respond to all my question and queries which is highly appreciated.
Thank you for the great comments!!! I'm happy that you're satisfied with our Kevlar clutch.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM me when you have a great sale. I would love to pick one up for my Supercharger project at some point.
Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutch. We don't have any sales right now because we are trying to keep up with the demands for our Kevlar clutch. A lot of R8s and Lamborghinis and Ferraris are coming out of hibernation :)

I will definitely let you know if we have a sale or a mini group buy... Please email me all your information to [email protected] and I'll put you on the list.

What year R8 do you have?

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We wanted to thank Dion at Drive Auto works in NJ for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch. He wanted a clutch that can handle the Twin Turbo power and be driveable in the city. After installing our Kevlar clutch, he was surprised how smooth our Kevlar clutch is for such a Hi Performance clutch. One of the main reasons for the smoothness is that we only use high quality Kevlar material. We do not use cheap chinese made Kevlar. We also spend about 1-2 days adjusting the engagement bite/point to achieve a smooth shifting.

Here are couple of pictures. I will have Dion post his feedback here.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We wanted to thank Jason for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch for his Twin Turbo V10 R8. He wanted to get a clutch that can handle the extra hp since his stock clutch wore out and didn't last long. We also wanted to thank Kyle at CFI design for their amazing Twin Turbo package. They also installed our kevlar clutch. They do make great TT kits and have a lot of great feedbacks.

I will have Kyle and Jason leave a feedback here. You can also read more feedbacks from our customers here.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-gallardo-clutch-outstanding-17194/

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We wanted to thank our friends at QS Tuning in UK for purchasing another one of our R8 Kevlar clutch for their Heffner TT R8 package. QS Tuning will use Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutches exclusively for all of their Twin turbo applications. Our Kevlar clutches will also last up to 300% longer than a oem/factory clutch. If you need a Heffner Twin Turbo R8 package in UK, you can contact Kim at QS Tuning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We wanted to thank our friends at QS Tuning in UK for purchasing another one of our R8 Kevlar clutch for their Heffner TT R8 package. QS Tuning will use Hi Tech Exotic Kevlar clutches exclusively for all of their Twin turbo applications. Our Kevlar clutches will also last up to 300% longer than a oem/factory clutch. If you need a Heffner Twin Turbo R8 package in UK, you can contact Kim at QS Tuning.
Thanks to HI Tech Exotic for supplying us now with two flawless Kevlar clutches for our 2 R8 builds, one being a manual and one being a R-Tronic. The quality of the product is incredible and works amazingly giving quicker shifts and the reliability that our customers require from their Twin Turbo R8'S.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to HI Tech Exotic for supplying us now with two flawless Kevlar clutches for our 2 R8 builds, one being a manual and one being a R-Tronic. The quality of the product is incredible and works amazingly giving quicker shifts and the reliability that our customers require from their Twin Turbo R8'S.
Thank you for your very nice words! It always makes us very happy when we see that our dealers are so happy with our clutches. R8 clutches are very complicated and R-tronic makes its even more complicated. We work very hard to make great clutches that last longer and have a very nice engagement and at the same time to handle Twin Turbo powers. We love it when we hear from our customers when they are so excited about our clutches.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We wanted to thank Michael for purchasing our Kevlar clutch for his Twin Turbo R8 project. Our clutch has been installed and the project should be finished next week. I will have Michael post his feedback about our clutch.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We wanted to thank our friends at The Race line for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch. They had a customer who is building a special custom made chassis with R8 gearbox. They wanted to get a clutch that would last longer than a factory clutch and can handle more horsepower. So they decided to get our Kevlar clutch for its longevity and reliability.

Here are some pictures of their project:

Z1EhQr4.jpg

Cptk5Th.jpg

BPH9vi9.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
We truly appreciate your help with this. Between your clutch and our new drop gear, this car is going to be fantastic.

I look forward to working with you again in the near future. Let me know if I can ever be of any help to you. The Race Line can track down nearly anything, and our new drop gear is quite the addition.

Best Regards,

Erik Johnson
(720) 899-6005 phone

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We wanted to thank Ryan in Japan for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch. He wanted to get a clutch that would last longer because his stock clutch didn't last long. So he got our HT300 that lasts 300% longer than a stock/factory clutch. He also got a new throw out bearing because our clutch might outlast the bearing. I will have him post his feedback after it's installed.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts