Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought the Kevlar clutch with new throw out bearing and sensors from Sean for my v8 r8.... I haven't installed it yet because I have because my clutch has alittle life left haha but.... I will say customer service is outstanding.... he answered all questions even called me from overseas .... nice guy... great service.... I'll post again when I finish my install.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought the Kevlar clutch with new throw out bearing and sensors from Sean for my v8 r8.... I haven't installed it yet because I have because my clutch has alittle life left haha but.... I will say customer service is outstanding.... he answered all questions even called me from overseas .... nice guy... great service.... I'll post again when I finish my install.
Thank you for your great comments. It was also nice doing business with you. If you need me to call you in Japan with any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Keep us posted after the installation. Make sure you break in the new clutch.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Can you PM me price for the clutch? I am likely going FI in the next month or two and am thinking about upgrading the clutch on my car even though it is a 6MT with only 7k miles. I will mostly be running around 800whp on pump gas and in rare instances around 1000whp on C16.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can you PM me price for the clutch? I am likely going FI in the next month or two and am thinking about upgrading the clutch on my car even though it is a 6MT with only 7k miles. I will mostly be running around 800whp on pump gas and in rare instances around 1000whp on C16.
Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutch for your FI mod.

I sent you a PM. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to call me at 1-888-456-0437.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We wanted to thank Noah in Australia for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch for his Heffner TT V10 R8. The clutch that he had before was slipping and was not able to hold the extra horsepower. He wanted a clutch that can handle the extra horsepower and also be a smooth city driving clutch. After speaking to our other Heffner customers, he decided to get our clutch. After breaking it in, he can't believe how smooth our clutch is. There is no more slipping and our clutch is handling the extra horsepower without any issues. I will have him post his feedback here.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We wanted to thank Jörg in Germany for purchasing our R8 Kevlar clutch. He wanted a clutch that would last longer and shifts faster because he does a lot of high speed driving on autobahn. After breaking in the clutch for 500 miles, he has been doing a lot of high speeds(160 mph +). He can't believe how much faster the shifting is at 8k rpm.

Another reason he got our clutch was because he is planning to do a bolt on TT. Our HT300 can handle 1,000 and still drive as smooth as a factory clutch. He is very surprised how smooth our clutch is for such a hi performance clutch. He loves the fact that he has best of both worlds, smooth and Hi Performance.

We also have Kevlar clutches for Lamborghini. Here are some feedbacks from our happy Lamborghini owners:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f141/hi-tech-exotic-kevlar-gallardo-clutch-outstanding-17194/

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We wanted to thank our friends at I.C.A in UK for purchasing our Audi R8 clutch for their customer. Ian at ICA wanted to get a Audi R8 clutch for their customer that would last longer than a stock/factory clutch. We told him that our HT300 can last up to 300% longer than a stock clutch.

He was also concerned if it is as smooth as a stock clutch. We told him that our Kevlar clutch is as smooth as a stock clutch, if not smoother. He has been able to put some miles and has noticed how nice and smooth our clutch is.

He was nice enough to send us a picture of the installation. I will have him post his feedback here.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We wanted to thank Khaled aka Doorme for sending this video of him having fun at Bahrain Formula 1 track. He told us that our Kevlar clutch shifts so fast that it's almost as fast as a DCT. This always makes us very happy when we see our Kevlar clutch that can handle high rpm shifting numerous times without any drama.

·
Registered
258 Posts
indeed I believe the kevlar clutch form HI Tech Exotic combined with TCU tune the best Mod for transmission as far the shifting speed and handling power. it is amazing.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
indeed I believe the kevlar clutch form HI Tech Exotic combined with TCU tune the best Mod for transmission as far the shifting speed and handling power. it is amazing.
Thank you for your great comments!!!

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
We wanted to thank Ethan for purchasing our HT300 Kevlar clutch for his Heffner Twin turbo R8 V10. He wanted to get a clutch that can hold the extra horsepower. His old clutch was slipping and was not smooth at the take off. He has broken in the clutch after 500 miles and loves how it hooks up at 8k rpm with full boost. He is very surprised how smooth our clutch is for such a high performance clutch.

Our HT300 is also a good option for naturally aspirated engines because it lasts 300% longer than a stock clutch.

exIazCj.jpg

EC828Rf.jpg

JdRCQUb.jpg

d0Voepe.jpg

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here is video of a Gallardo clutch installation. I know it's not a R8 but the installation is very similar. Here our friends at Top Automotive installing our HT300 Kevlar clutch that lasts 300% longer than a stock clutch.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We wanted to thank Thomas for purchasing our lighter HT350 R8 Kevlar clutch. Thomas has the first HT350 in Germany. HT350 is lighter than a stock clutch and lasts 350% longer than a stock clutch. When a clutch is lighter, it makes the engine rev up faster and it makes a difference when an R8 engine revs up to 8,000 rpm.

Thomas has already put 2,000 miles and the feedback has been great. He really likes the engagement and how smooth it is.

NlFuclZ.jpg

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here is a customer of ours with our HT300 R8 clutch kit. This R8 has an LMS kit and a twin turbo kit and needed a clutch to handle the twin turbo power. That's why he decided to get our HT300 that can handle up to 1,000 hp. HT300 also lasts 300% longer than a stock clutch.

Here are some pictures of his R8 with the LMS kit.

TMQhr1q.jpg

TrATlTS.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Hi-Tech, was wondering if you could pm me with a price of a kevlar clutch for a 2012 V10, destination Brisbane,Australia.

·
Vendor
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi Hi-Tech, was wondering if you could pm me with a price of a kevlar clutch for a 2012 V10, destination Brisbane,Australia.
Replied to all your PM. Congrats on the new car!!!

21 - 40 of 75 Posts