Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Personally i wouldn't choose either because i like the other colours available more, such as the red or sepang blue which to me are the best two. If it had to be between white and black i would choose the black. I'm not a fan of white cars and i think the black just simply looks better.

· Registered
518 Posts
I'm in the same quandary for my purchase in August. Never liked white cars but the R8 in white looks fabulous - espcially with black side blades. Then again, I saw a black one the other evening and it looked sensational. And the red and blue....

Have to say I think it's a credit to the designers to come up with a shape that looks good in so many colours. Many modern cars look wrong without the right colour...not the R8!

On another note... what internal colour. I quite like the uplifting feeling of the grey (cream?) leather. Anyone seen this in the flesh/got one to comment on?

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
if you can keep it clean, white with carbon blades looks stunning. the contrast of the black trim against it shows off the design beautifully.

· Registered
193 Posts
My white R8 puts a smile on everyone's face, no matter where I go.

Does anyone have the same experience with a black R8 ?

· Registered
62 Posts
Liking the black on black.
No doubt people drop their jaws and always want pictures and an explanation of what it is... or the hot mom's with the kids who call it the 'iron man car'... they can have whatever they want...

· Registered
50 Posts
I asked my guide at the Neckarsulm factory which colour combination he thought was the best, as he sees every car that comes off the line.
He was unequivocal. "The White with the Black Blades is by far the most beautiful, in my opinion". I was happy to hear that, as it was what I had already ordered.
White cars are also the easiest to keep clean and looking great.
I have seen an all-black R8 and must admit, however, that I thought it looked fabulous, so whichever you choose will look fantastic.
A Canadian test driver said in his writeup that of all the exotics he has driven, the R8 V10 in white with black blades drew by far the most attention. Not sure I want that, but it is a pretty good indicator of how beautiful the car is.

· Premium Member
13 Posts
My R8 is white with Carbon side blades, carbon engine cover package, carbon interior option with a black interior. I also have Black HRE one piece rims installed. I may be a little bias, but I don't think ANY R8 looks as good as mine.

· Premium Member
2,085 Posts
White cars are also the easiest to keep clean
I imagine that depends where you live - too many farms around here for white to stay clean. Best colour for that is silver - which also looks great with carbon blades.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have black on black with polished wheels and the car looks great. Hard to keep clean, but the color combination gives the car the attitude it deserves, and should never look dated. No matter what color you choose you will be happy, R8 draws a lot of attention and most importantly is a blast to drive.

· Registered
701 Posts
I have always had my Audi's in black - they give a menacing air, but also look absolutely drop dead gorgeous when just polished. Trouble is it doesn't stay that way for long. But for a car that you won't put too many miles on, and are prepared to put in a lot of elbow work, I would go with the black.

There is also a subtlety to the lines and form of the car in Phantom Black, which you don't get with the white. My wife deals with colours every day in her job as an interior designer, and she insists on the black for her car, although this is no way reflected in her work.

Having attended the V10 show at Silverstone, I must say I was very impressed with the Sepang Blue/Oxygen blades. Third choice would be the white with carbon blades as they set off the white very well. But nothing like the BLACK!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts