Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Where I live that'll be too loud to drive the car. The fix it ticket is over $1K, and no, I am not going back to Texas (not that anything is wrong with that place :) )

However, I would be interested in having a little surgery done on the exhaust pipes and rerouting them from the middle just like this mod does. Has anyone done such a thing? Do you sell just the trim pieces and the pipes coming out in the middle?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Those tips look a little different from the original design I saw years ago. Older tips looked better unless Im just thinking about the Huracan evo tips.

·
Registered
410 Posts
And that center grille is something what Audi should have made the 2020 look like.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I really really really want this but can't unless I change the sport exhaust to an aftermarket one (I do not think there is enough space to reroute the pipes.)
If you think otherwise, please let me know how you've done it...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just bought a used performante exhaust. I should receive it in the next 3-4 weeks.

I'll first install and see if there is enough space to redirect the exit pipes to the middle. If that works out, I'll be able to keep the noise level within legal limits (cops are really tot nice here...)

If that fits, I'll get the grills from Shardul...

(fixed the typo)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Why don't they provide black hardware to match, it looks so good otherwise. Any sound clips?

·
Registered
403 Posts
There is enough room.
I believe you are right. According to the diagrams I found, the performante exhaust should fit in. Obviously new holes must be cut on the heat shield to get the pipes out but that’s it.

However, I’ve talk to a shop out in LA. They said although the mounting points are the same, the flanges are different and I won’t be able to connect the performante exhaust to the engine. We’ll see...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Whilst I admire your attempt, it seems a lot of hassle when you can get another version of this Voodoo exhaust with a 2.5” X-Pipe (switchable) which, I am told, makes it sound like stock when closed.

However, remains fully straight through when open.

Why are you going Performante exhaust route?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Cause those valves eventually have to open, and when they do, those straight pipes are very very loud.
I’ve already been stopped by cops (twice) for having a loud exhaust (the sport one) and got away without getting a ticket. I don’t want to modify the bumper area only to be forced to “fix it”...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts