Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go guys... I had an idea and a vision, and Voodoo Autosport / @boostscientist on IG turned it into a reality.

I wanted a full OEM-quality look for this exhaust. I wanted to combine the Performante center exit design with the clean look of the R8 and make it look like Audi designed an R8 Performante themselves.

I think I accomplished it! I've had people ask if this was a new model R8 and not an exhaust mod.

This is a 3" straight through design, but has valves that when closed push the exhaust through a smaller 2.5" diameter Xpipe that still reduces the sound when needed.

The mesh grilles were made by laser scanning the exact design of the factory mesh grills, then were laser cut and ceramic coated. There are grills that now replace the factory exhaust tip location as well.

For more check out my Instagram @xkpgx

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a cool looking mod. Can the reverse cam endure the extra heat?
Funny you ask that. My camera died a while back from my Quicksilver exhaust, and I ended up having a new one routed to the lower diffuser. You can't tell, but it's sitting to the left of the license plate. Lots of heat in that area of the car so I just chose to use a new location

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perfect

You're brave and it's paid off...
Love that look.
Thanks !! I absolutely love it now. Not too over the top - and sounds amazing. Great combo with the VF supercharger too, as I gained a ton of power going from the Quicksilver exhaust to this setup. The supercharger added so much air into the motor, going to a 3" straight pipe solution helps get all the air out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
it's about the same as stock when the valves are closed. I just set it to a pretty low pressure to open since there's a soft spot if you try to accelerate hard from a dead spot. The car seems to want a little back pressure from the get go and then likes the valves to open. I have one neighbor that only a few select words that could describe that I like to open up the valves as I go by. I'm sure they really love their corner lot now. Cold start is pretty loud and sounds like a beast. Seems like it took a while for the exhaust to break in since it's recently started to really show off the crackles and pops in the last week or two.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it looks great , something different. what lowering springs are you running ?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Here you go guys... I had an idea and a vision, and Voodoo Autosport / @boostscientist on IG turned it into a reality.

I wanted a full OEM-quality look for this exhaust. I wanted to combine the Performante center exit design with the clean look of the R8 and make it look like Audi designed an R8 Performante themselves.

I think I accomplished it! I've had people ask if this was a new model R8 and not an exhaust mod.

This is a 3" straight through design, but has valves that when closed push the exhaust through a smaller 2.5" diameter Xpipe that still reduces the sound when needed.

The mesh grilles were made by laser scanning the exact design of the factory mesh grills, then were laser cut and ceramic coated. There are grills that now replace the factory exhaust tip location as well.

For more check out my Instagram @xkpgx
That rocks and how it should come from factory. Perfect.

·
Registered
290 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts