Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps

Like everyone else, I am similar to a junkie, I am hooked.

I have a pearl black 6spd 09 with CF blades and all the options.

Unfortunately, I dont have the skill anymore to drive it fast -- this will be fixed soon during the summer , I promise.

Question is : What to do in 12-18months time?

I am going to the Silverstone V10 launch next week to get a feel of the new model and bend the ears of the unfortunate Audi folks that are there. Looking forward to meeting Bev and her team though -- this will be great.

I reckon from rumors etc the future will be V10 soft top -- this is what I think will be ultimate final evolution of the platform.

The R-Tronic Vs Manual debate will continue as I think the V10 will highlight the "jerkiness" issues of the r-tronic making it mandatory to use manual sport mode all the time. I could be very wrong here and would love to be corrected as a properly behaved R-Tronic V10 soft top would be the ultimate cafe cruiser with devastating menace (which would be for me).

I love the V8 sound too much to let go.

I also love the colour combo that Mike-Ti has for his new V10.

Reckon I should wait for V10 soft top -- as I am getting "deposit pressure" from my R8 pimps.

What does everyone else here think ?

-- Very Confused Munky :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Also, the V12 diesel may make production (if you fancy a slug of low end torque)

·
Registered
718 Posts
You don't "need" to pay a deposit.

You should just be able to express interest in the V10 soft top and then you will be on your dealers list, and Audi's list, if/when it goes into production.

If your dealers asks for a large deposit, find another dealer.

Which day are you going and morning or afternoon slot ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep -- was fortunate to get a late invite.

My slot is the afternoon one starting at 17:00 -- Friday 15th May slot 4.

Had a couple calls already about deposits -- I put it down to slowness in the new sales area and running leads past present owners for new business.

Cheers

-- Munky

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The R-Tronic Vs Manual debate will continue as I think the V10 will highlight the "jerkiness" issues of the r-tronic making it mandatory to use manual sport mode all the time.
not sure what you mean by that as sport mode is jerkier than normal as normal does slower shifts which are inherently less jerky in a single clutch transmission.

if you are talking about automatic vs manual, automatic mode in any single clutch auto-manual is the opposite of a tiptronic slushbox - that is to say that auto is a fallback/bonus mode vs being the main purpose of the transmission.

unless they do a dsg (which seems unlikely) then you'll be out of luck hoping for the r8 to pretend to be a torque converter auto for cruising.

it really is a pity that the r-tronic comes in for a bashing for something it was never intended to be - as an automated manual it does a stand up job once the speed piles on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Random, I stand corrected.

Am always interested in the latest R-tronic info as I do sometimes wish I had it in the appalling London traffic -- endless manual gear shifting for hours on end.

I hope to actually drive an R-tronic fitted car at Silverstone next week to learn a bit more about it. :)

Have to admit the prospect of the V10 and easier shifting is attractive.

Regards

-- Munky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts