Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
WOW what a beast but for $54,000 thats crazy. what do theey have for the V8 as it will be 2008 before we see the V10.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder how the aftermarket support for the RS4 is coming along? I know the V-8 is high strung as it is, but I wonder if tuners are lining up with turbos or stroker kits?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turbocharging a 12:1 compression motor is simply a bad idea. An engine rebuild with lower compression pistons is pretty much a requirement.

The kit that's posted for the Gallardo is so expensive because it includes the required engine rebuild.

Also, it may be difficult to find oversized injectors to supply the fuel to match the newfound air supply. You can't find FSI injectors at your local auto parts store.

We can only hope that Audi comes out with a turbocharged model as an option. I'm looking for a new project car. Right now I'm leaning towards a new Nissan GTR (rumored 3.2V6 twin turbo ~420hp) ... if the block is over-engineered to the extent that the RB26DETT was in R34 Skyline GT-R then it'll be a tuner's dream. If Audi delivers a twin turbo V8 or V10 for the R8 then I could definitely be swayed into saving the extra $ to buy it instead.

M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Idealy, I would also play with the GTR. We are just completing N/A mods on my sons two VQde platforms. I'm anxious to see this new HR turbo charged. I'm sure there will plenty of room to tune this vehicle based on the specs coming out.
The R8 strikes me as a much sexier vehicle and I like its lines better than the GTR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course you would want the twin turbo. It's certainly something that I would enjoy and something that I wouldn't mind spending the money on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Of course you would want the twin turbo. It's certainly something that I would enjoy and something that I wouldn't mind spending the money on.
It must be installed smooth because you can see it through the glass...

Not me, NA cars drive better.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Turbocharging a 12:1 compression motor is simply a bad idea. An engine rebuild with lower compression pistons is pretty much a requirement.

The kit that's posted for the Gallardo is so expensive because it includes the required engine rebuild.

Also, it may be difficult to find oversized injectors to supply the fuel to match the newfound air supply. You can't find FSI injectors at your local auto parts store.

We can only hope that Audi comes out with a turbocharged model as an option. I'm looking for a new project car. Right now I'm leaning towards a new Nissan GTR (rumored 3.2V6 twin turbo ~420hp) ... if the block is over-engineered to the extent that the RB26DETT was in R34 Skyline GT-R then it'll be a tuner's dream. If Audi delivers a twin turbo V8 or V10 for the R8 then I could definitely be swayed into saving the extra $ to buy it instead.

M.
Engine was rebuilt 9 to 1 pistons 7.5 lbs boost. I put 16000 trouble-free
fun miles on this car!

NOT A KIT!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Since we have a good base to start from with the V10 version (Gallardo) then we can discuss some turbo options. I just found this, which is a twin turbo kit for the Gallardo. Check out the video, very interesting!

http://heffnersperformance.com/lamborghinigallardo.htm
I did the first one Heffner made.
I know have a TT gallardo spyder from him 906 rwhp.

great mod.

thinking of having him do a r8 v-10 version for m,e when
I get one.
photo too lg to post.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That Lambo reached 100 miles per REAL quick !

·
Registered
2 Posts

M.
I'm a newbie so what is that all about 12:1 I know is something about compression but can you explain me on a easy way

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
9.5 to one compresion and above HIGH......7 To 9.5 LOW. Fuel is compressed by piston and head before fuel is ignited. More compression means more violent explosion in cylinder.More compression usually means more power. Computers help us safely use higher compression ratios with-out pre-ignition .(pre ignition-BAD). Pre-ignition often called PINGor KNOCKING. Hope this helps a little. I tried to keep the explanation simple. Deisel engines usually have higher compressin ratios due to fact Deisel is not normally as volatile (explosive) as gasoline.You must study for a long time to get it all correct ! Disassembling an engine to measure eveyting (Volumes,etc.)is part of blueprinting an engine.This can be fun and if I can do it so can you.If you build an engine from scratch you must blueprint to be absolutely certain of your comp. ratio

1 - 16 of 16 Posts