Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With many automakers yanking their presence at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, Cobo may seem like a boring place to be next month. However a handful of debuts will make attending the show worthwhile. The 2010 Audi R8 V10 will make its debut next month in Detroit and will be followed by the Audi R8 Spyder in 2010.

The 2010 Audi R8 V10 will make its world debut next month with a 5.2L V10 making a total of 520-hp with a maximum torque of 398 lb-ft.

The Audi R8 Spyder will hit European markets in fall of 2009 and will arrive in U.S. showrooms as a 2011 model in early 2010. The R8 Spyder will also be offered with two engine choices including the base 420-hp 4.2L V8 and the 520-hp 5.2L V10.

How will you be able to tell the difference between both? While the base R8 will be distinguishable with its dual-quad exhaust pipes the R8 V10 will feature wide double pipes. Of course you can also tell the difference by the sound the cars will make when they zoom past you on the road.

Source: eGMCarTech

·
Registered
172 Posts
I doubt the v10 will have much effect on the v8 prices. MSRP and lower has or would happen regardless of the v10's arrival. Moreover if the estimated base price of the v10 is accurate then I see very few buyers choosing it over the v8. Following that logic, used v8s will actually be bouyed by the v10s arrival not the other way around. That being said, who cares. My r8 is holding its value better than any stock I own.

·
Registered
163 Posts
the V10 will chase over $200k (even with an MSRP around $150k+). Diff car and not all R8 owners will be ditching to get the V10

·
Registered
40 Posts
the V10 will chase over $200k (even with an MSRP around $150k+). Diff car and not all R8 owners will be ditching to get the V10
I agree. I think MSRP on the V8 version will stay the same as its always been. If you're talking about the mark-ups, then yes I think this will put an end to those on the V8 version. But that was inevitable as the market became more saturated with the R8.

And why don't they just call it the R10? Personally I like my little 8 cylinder car. At least I'll be getting better gas mileage. :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
The V8 should hold its own despite the release of the V10. What is more of a factory of lower resale is the production / allocation of the V8. Like the standard 997 GT3 and the GT3 RS, the RS's release did not affect the standard GT3 pricing.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Very true. Picking up a $200k car in this economy does not make as much sense.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a R8 Newbie :D

I will be looking into one quite soon, I had a question though, based on the images I have seen, Does the V10 version have the LED daylight lamps in dots like the V8? because as far as I have seen with the headlamps off it looks like its one straight line of LED not dots...

Anyone? :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
As far as we are aware if has the standard daytime running lights on the V8, but the headlight main & low beam are pure LED on the V10, whereas they are Xenon discharge lamps on the V8.

I won't comment on US pricing, as every market is different, and US sales tax is low. Also thee have been violent exchange rate fluctuations in recent months.

German price will be EURO €142,000 = USD $190,000
UK price will be GBP £99,575 = USD $149,360

Mine is due around May, hope to get a chance to see UK dealer a demonstrator in April.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks alot. I feel the main appeal of the headlights ARE the dotted daylight lights :D

I do have a feeling the beam of the LED wont be as strong as Xenon?

In Dubai, the dealers have no information or even booking for the V10. The V8 full option is 535'000 Dhs, which is around 145,350 $

So how much WOULD the V10 be around?

·
Registered
482 Posts
My dealer doesn't have any info. What about everyone else across the U.S.?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts