Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Holy Crap! My 09 R8-RT would be $211,673.99 just for the privilege of owning a V10 ?!?!??!
(OK, that's just crazy!) Your thoughts?

·
Registered
190 Posts
People have been surmising that the release of the V10 would cause the current V8 to lose some demand and the pre-owned to lose a bit of value. V10 pricing makes me believe otherwise. The 10 is a hefty premium and I just cant see the performance difference worth that much add'l money... $50k+. Same body style, colors and interior options. Its not like a 4.2 vs 3.6 on a Q7 where there is a marked difference in performance and the surcharge isnt so profound. Would I rather have the privelege of the V10 or the V8 AND maybe a nice MB E350 to take the family out in? I could have both for the price of the V10. Im just not seeing the value proposition in comparing the two.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Try the UK. A V10 here is only £12k more than a specced up V8.

I have been offered £69k as a trade in for the V10 for an 09 with 4k miles on the clock (originally £87k), because, I suspect, the V8 values have taken a hit with the arrival here of a marginally more expensive sibling.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The difference is a big £22k. Optional equipment is exactly that (optional) & a matter of personal preference. But, no doubt, the V10 will blow the V8 away...

·
Registered
62 Posts
...(Having run the configurator to get the same options as I currently have) ...

Hey, that's $211K PLUS PREMIUM! You know they're going to nail you for a hefty premium - recession or no recession! I'm a V10 fan as much (or more) than the next guy, but I have to think it's a bit excessive. I'm sure they're trying to make a step up in price point to get into super-supercar land... And I'm sure they'll sell out. There are lots of oil sheiks with underground car collection garages waiting to park this one...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey, that's $211K PLUS PREMIUM! You know they're going to nail you for a hefty premium - recession or no recession! I'm a V10 fan as much (or more) than the next guy, but I have to think it's a bit excessive. I'm sure they're trying to make a step up in price point to get into super-supercar land... And I'm sure they'll sell out. There are lots of oil sheiks with underground car collection garages waiting to park this one...
I don't see the configurator available at audiusa.com. The pricing you guys are getting are conversions from euros correct?

·
Registered
711 Posts
The difference is a big £22k. Optional equipment is exactly that (optional) & a matter of personal preference. But, no doubt, the V10 will blow the V8 away...
I defy you not to order most of the options on a V8.

The V10 is better specced as it is, and I reckon I would only have to add the GSM, cruise control and parking system to it at a cost of £1230.00. V10 also includes the LED headlights which cost £2740 on the V8. Its priced pretty tight in the UK.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thats £155k sterling at todays exchange rates. A manual V10 costs £99575 here in the UK. D'ya think you're getting stitched?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was using the Euro Confurator that was posted so I don't think it knows that I'm a cash-carrying Yank! I did the config like I filled out the 2009 US configurator earlier this year. Same options, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts