Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I thought you may be interested in my R8 story from Sydney. Link to YouTube playlist will follow.

I took delivery of my 2010 R8 V10 Coupe on October 15, 2019 having wanted one for many years.

IMG_1480.jpg

Just six weeks later, we had a "one in a hundred year" storm and our underground garage flooded with about 18 inches (45 cm) of filthy rainwater.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.43.30 am.jpg

Eight months and AUD 90,000 later the car was rebuilt with brand new electrics and a brand new interior. This included a main wiring harness which was built to order in Germany and cost AUD18,000!!!

IMG_2244.jpg

Cheers,
Simon

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice, you finally got it repaired. Saw the vids before of it getting flooded with the C63, thought it was a goner. Did Hi-Tech fix it?

Maybe, I'll see it on the road one day ;)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Nice ending to a nightmare. Pleased to hear you've got it back and hopefully like new.l

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
A nightmare to start with, and a happy ending to finish with, enjoy your "new" car and review where you park it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did insurance not want to call this a total? Sounds like it would be a nightmare to rebuild. I would have thought it would have just been easier to replace?

·
Registered
249 Posts
excellent work...like it never happened. does it have a salvage title now? I'm assuming it was deemed a total loss...maybe it wasn't but either way I'm happy for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts