Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Those waiting for a drop-top version of Audi's R8 won't have to wait much longer. The car is set to debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show this September and it appears as though Audi is out doing some final testing - as these Nürburgring spy photos show.

In Frankfurt Audi is expected to debut the 525hp V10-powered version of the four-ringed exotic as well as a 420hp V8 version.

A soft top, and not a hard top, is the top-down route Audi has chosen. Not only will it help keep weight down (always a problem with Audis) but it is better for packaging and cost. Besides, every other Audi convertible has a rag top.

The only question remains, what will it be called? R8 Spyder? R8 Roadster? Or the R8 Convertible?

More: Audi R8 V10 Roadster Spied In Final Testing On Nürburgring on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Was very fortunate to see this in person on Wednesda at the ring whilst I have been traveling through Europe.Looks the business in person in my opinion.

Went for a lap around the ring after testing was finished which cost 22 euro and proved what a fantastic track it is.On my lap I came across 2 bikes and riders that had gone in the fence hard..so overconfidence is not something you take to this track.

Saw 2 R8's at the track but didn;t see them run.On my travels over the past 2 weeks I have have seen a total of 7 r8's In 4 country's.Porches are so common everywhere

Got to love their road system in Germany..a drivers paradise in not looking at your speedo every 2 seconds to avoid a speeding ticket.In the open speed zones I would where safe sit on a average of 180-200kmh.Really miss my R8 here!!!!

Lastly went to the Ferrari factory and Museum in Italy whilst there and saw a Enzo and then went around the corner to the test track where we caught a the F1 car testing.Very fortunate!!

Would also suggest the California must have lots of orders as every 5 minutes one was coming out the gate for a shake down road test as opposed to the occasional F430 or 599.

2 weeks to go and a lot more to see

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put money down on one October of 2008 and I'm 2nd on the list here at one of the Houston Dealerships.

I'm actually disappointed in only having the V10 as an engine option.

I actually really like the V8 engine, and just wanted the R8 in a convertible.

Hope to have it parked in the garage by 2011.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts