Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was trying to see how I could get a little more legroom in my R8 and was messing around with the seat position.

Turns out that if you lean the seatback forward the seat rails are allowed to be moved back more until the seatback is about 1/4" from the back wall. I was surprised that the seat has some position algorithm or mapping to keep the hard seatback from hitting the back wall. The more you lean the seatback forward the more the seat rails are allowed to move back.

Most cars would allow the seat to jam against the back but not the R8 where they have mapped out the seat position. Amazing...

Only bummer is to get more legroom I need to be sitting very upright.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
You learn something new every day. Mind you, at 5ft 6ins, this is not really of any benefit to me. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2017 non plus does this on the passenger seat but not on the drivers seat?? I can back it all the way till it hits the interior back firewall. Is this normal or an issue with my car?

·
Registered
957 Posts
My 2017 non plus does this on the passenger seat but not on the drivers seat?? I can back it all the way till it hits the interior back firewall. Is this normal or an issue with my car?
Mine is the same way. My seat back always rests against the firewall. In order for me (6'2") to be able to lay back a little, I have to bend my knees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts