Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have had a sublliminal message imlpanted when I saw the Will Smith movie about robots.The shape of an R8 with side skirts on wheel wells is still with me.Was this at a time that the R8 was still a prototype ??:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yep,

That's what was the thing that made me buy an R8! Loved the car when I saw I Robot - the r8 is amazingly similar in body shape (apart from the wheel covers on Will Smith's car)

Not so subliminal - it's called product placement and is worth $100m's

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Did you get the R8 book as one of the 3 gifts when you bought the car? It was in there.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did that movie come out before the car was available to public??

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
The movie came out well before the official announcement of the production car.

Frog, if you search the forums here you can find discussion and pictures of the gifts. Might spoil the surprise though. Not sure if Audi is still sending them.

mt

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you get the gifts after the car was received or before then - my car turns up in little more than a month and I've had Bubkis - I'm also in the UK, maybe AOA is more generous!

BTW, I think the movie was in 2003/4

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
They came between when the order was placed at the factory and when the car was actually delivered. About 1 per month. They try to help the anticipation during the 3 months it takes. The letter with the gifts was from AOA, it may not happen in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The dealer should provide the coffee table book when you finalize your order (when no further updates are allowed). I received the key chain & a R8 service quick reference card (BFD) in a very nice box about a month after I picked up the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts