Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the R8 has been updated to 2010 on audiusa.com. Some good information on the V10, but you cannot build one...yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Checked today. Still cannot build a V10. The link "Build your Audi R8 V10" is there but it only lets you build the V8.

Another weird fact is that Audi.ca had information on the V10 before Audiusa.com :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Checked today. Still cannot build a V10. The link "Build your Audi R8 V10" is there but it only lets you build the V8.

Another weird fact is that Audi.ca had information on the V10 before Audiusa.com :confused:
I have been underwhelmed by the accuracy and timeliness of the AudiUS website, as far as the R8 is concerned at least. For over a year under specs they said the R8 block was cast iron!

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
And the US site even indicates the illuminated door sills are still available! They have the web update speed of a sloth!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Any Sloths in Az.?:) If so they would be REALLY slow in that heat !! But it's a dry heat, as everyone keeps telling me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
What the heck is the difference between:

- carbon fiber sigma door sill inserts

and

- R8 carbon sigma inlays?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Sills are what you step OVER to get into the car (over the painted "sill") and inlays are in the inside around various things to make the inside have a "less" plastic and more CF look!

I still wish there was more leather in the "enhanced" package. I want everything to be leather or CF covered......pretty much like the M6 has (at $65K less)!

Steve

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Sorry......no illuminated sills as I had ordered. They must have had a problem with them since I was billed as having them, but they weren't on the car!

The new order sheet is updated without mentioning the illuminated sills. (They came on my M6 and look great.....why can't Audi get them to work?) You can only get CF sills (& I hear these are backordered too!).

Steve

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I had the illuminated door sills on my 997TT and at night they looked awesome. If they become available I will try a retro fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts