Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new.

Fully Forged Aluminium T6061 1- piece monoblock.
Light weight lower than 9kg- front.
Front 8.5J 20 42ET
Rear 11J 20 47ET
Possible piano black / chrome / brushed and all custom and stock colors.
Price per one set ( 4 wheels ) - 3800 USD
Price per one set ( 4 wheels ) - 3300 USD ( If we found 5 persons who can order- manufacture told that price will be lower )

I am ordering one set so we need 4 others guys who want it to get lower price. Possible other size / et / colors etc.
Price brutto with 23% VAT. 0% possible for companies with NIP EU active numbers ( then prices will be minus 23% ).
I try to order one set for me in Audi but they told here that product is discontinued only got price from catalog ~7000 USD.
In my opinion it looks amazing so I try alternative way to order it from better materials in one Europe manufacture who made wheels for
Vossen, BC Forged and other top companies. T6061 is actually ones best and light material to wheels production process.

3D model made by me:

Photos with original Audi wheels found in web:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Of course it fit without spacers to R8 mk.I and mk.II, Hurracan, Gallardo etc.
Also company can made other size and ET, depands what is needed exactly.
It's 5x112 for sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
So to clarify, these aren't official Audi sets you're talking about. Instead you've found a manufacturer that makes their own replicas but in the same aluminium monoblock makeup as the original?

Couple of questions from me:
- How identical are these replicas? Have they been directly modelled on the originals?
- I assume these come without the Audi Sport decals as per the image?
- If I'm reading your message right you say they can make these in any ET setting. Can they make them in different diameters and widths too? e.g. would they do a 9J 19 with a 12J 20?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, fully forged CNC monoblock T6061, it is better aluminium than Audi use to production wheels ( much better and lighter ). Same material is used by BC Forged and other top quality producers. Of course that is not original Audi wheels.

• Like you see on 3D model first photo they are pretty close if there are any differences they will not be noticeable, if someone see any differences now it can be changed on model by me now
  • Company can not make decals with Audi logo
  • Any ET settings, can be different diameters and widths also, from 17 do 24" ( of course 19" price will be lower than offered 20" and also 21" price will higher ). Widths from 7" to 13". Depands what exactly customer want. It also can be done 5x100 etc.
Also they made forged Vossen and other top forged wheels- so please don't worry about quality.
They need about 4 weeks to create first set for me. Then If I accept first wheel photos they will start making more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply bud. I may be interested but not until April time so I doubt I'll be part of your group buy. Do you mind if I reach out to you come April-May to organise an order?

The price is great, are these manufactured in US or Europe? I'm in the UK so do you know about shipping prices etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Shipping costs will be lowest as possible- we try to find best way ( think about 150- 200 USD to UK ).
Company comes from EU and shipping will be directly from EU.

Of course April- May it will be possible to organize set for you.

Also We will be able to made 1-2-3 pieces Forged wheels with size and look same as customer want.
Only top quality forged aluminium and magnesium ( for lowest weight ) with possible lowest price and all kinds of finishing like chrome, brushed, piano etc.
Price for 3D own model + finishing in piano black for forged monoblock 20" about 3800 USD ( set of 4 wheels ).

·
Registered
884 Posts
As Audi is known for some groundbreaking work with using aluminum alloys for their cars, it makes one wonder why they would cheap out on aluminum alloy wheels for something like the halo R8.

As well, there's generally two different 6000-series aluminum alloys used for wheels: 6061 and 6082.

Both have magnesium as alloying elements, specifically:
  • 6061 = AlSiMgCu
  • 6082 = AlSi1MgMn
Notably, BBS has a patent on 7000-series aluminum alloy wheels, where 7000-series is stronger than the 6000-series aluminum and would result in a lighter wheel given the same dimension.

However 7000-series aluminum wheels are pretty much impractical to repair due to the changes in properties that occur during the heating processes associated with welding, it's not completely practical for consumer use where road wheels are subjected to things such as potholes and other road hazards.

So I have to wonder what makes these "...better aluminium than Audi use to production wheels..."

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Audi Performance 20" OEM
Front: 8.5 x20 inch ET: 42 (suitable tire size 245/30 R 20)
Rear: 11x20 inch ET: 47 (suitable tire size 305/30 R 20)
Weight: 9.79Kg (F) 11.12Kg (R)
Maximum load capacity: 510Kg F 625Kg R

Our wheels max load will be about 700Kg and much lower weight than Forged Audi- so in my opinion that OEM set isn't made from good quality aluminium.
Right now I have in hand stock R8 gen.I wheels 19"- weight is lower than 20" Forged for 7000 USD. I paid for that 19" about 700 USD.

We also are able to made from 7000-series aluminum but overall performance like weight and strength isn't worth price x2 or 3 in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same here. Gen 1

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem it will be available to buy.
When we finish first set to my gen.II R8 I will post here images and more informations.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The load rating difference is not about an inferior aluminum alloy.

It is more about design objectives, geometry variances, material distribution, and ultimately a finite element analysis.

Having wheels with a higher load rating than required doesn't necessarily make for a better wheel, as it could mean that the wheel is more brittle and could face a catastropihic failure versus simply bending.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would be interested in gloss gunmetal/anthracite for Gen1.
Here is one of possible finish that we made on BC Forged that was actually sold on that forum in other thread.
Full system color method same that is used on OEM wheels. It's not powder or normal painting.
Price about 450 EUR 20" for set with full wheel check on a professional device plus any correction if needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts