Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the US, I don't see 19" Titanium Wheels as an option. Does anyone how to get these wheels in the US?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I got them on my '09. They were not on the printed list of dealer options, but the dealer knew about them and could order them.

mt

·
Registered
485 Posts
In the US, I don't see 19" Titanium Wheels as an option. Does anyone how to get these wheels in the US?
I like this, I would have order it, but from the pdf I saw last year, it was a lot darker, so I went with 305/30 polished chrome instead. But I think these looks great! How much are they?

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the US they are an Audi Exclusive option.
The option itself is $500, however anytime you do something Audi Exclusive, other than exterior paint color, there is a $1250 charge for an Audi Exclusive order. In other words it would cost $1750 for the wheels if you were not doing any other Audi Exclusive options.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The option itself is $500, however anytime you do something Audi Exclusive, other than exterior paint color, there is a $1250 charge for an Audi Exclusive order. In other words it would cost $1750 for the wheels if you were not doing any other Audi Exclusive options.

that apply if I just want the wheels? I was considering audi exclusive, but by the time I specs it out, I almost fell off the chair when I saw the number... I am very happy with the black and CF trim.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes on the exclusive option charge, but I was told a whole lot more than $500, try $3040.

http://thesaylors.net/automobiles/Audi/R8/2009AudiExclusive.pdf

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Titanium LOOK. Not SOLID titanium .:D

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You 'gotta luv OEMPLUS

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
You can get the titanium colored factory wheels from an Audi Parts department too. They show three wheels in their computer, but the details do not clearly specify which one is plain, polished or titanium colored. The parts manager that was working with me could kind of eliminate two of them by knowing some of the other code numbers, but he was not certain. He then contacted others in Audi for clarification and was assured that the one he thought was titanium colored was in fact the correct one. We placed the order and in less than two weeks they were here from Germany (just timed the container right).

Just to make sure people understand the color of the Titanium colored wheel. They are close to the color of the middle of the center caps. The picture in the Audi Exclusive brochure seems a little darker.

I am getting the following part numbers straight from my invoice and verified them from the labels on the wheel boxes. I listed the List Price. If you can get Resale Prices, do not expect the normal discount on the rims that is common on most parts. There are tighter margins on the rims.

The part numbers for the Titanium Colored Wheels are:
420-601-025-N (Front Wheel 19x8.5) List Price $1,125.00 each
420-601-025-P (Rear Wheel 19x11) List Price $1,125.00 each
Other Items you may want:
420-601-361-A (Metallic Valve Stem) List Price $29.18 each
4D0-601-365 (Bolt for TPMS) List Price $8.27 each
4B0-601-170-A-7ZJ (Center Cap) List Price $20.08 each
TPMS Sensor is Vin dependent (2 different versions)

Another option is just to have your original wheels recoated to a color you want. I did not go this way because I did not want my vehicle on jackstands for that period of time. I now have a second set so I may send out the plain originals and have them refinished in a finish of my choice.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I really like the titanium color. Shows everything little detail about the wheel.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Any chance anybody has "real life" pics of a R8 with titanium wheels?

Preferably a silver metallic with CF blades R8? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
the most recent version of the 2010 v8 order guide (April update) shows titanium finish wheels as a regular option right along with the "polished" alloy wheels; 2010 prices are still not published as of yet, but olenman above suggests the add on is $500 (but if that's a showroom sticker, it's likely an 09 because I don't think any 2010s have been delivered quite yet....but SOON).

·
Registered
647 Posts
Any chance anybody has "real life" pics of a R8 with titanium wheels?

Preferably a silver metallic with CF blades R8? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Car on pic is Ice Silver Metallic with Carbon Sigma side blades.

Following items are in Carbon:

6FQ Exterior rear view mirrors in Carbon
YUP Exterior front lip and rear diffusor in Carbon

You can also order entry door guards in Carbon(7M7).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts