Audi R8 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Re: The little Monster, An R8 Killer, No disrespecting Guys :)

It's amazing the way some of you respond.
As if I slap you when I said An R8 killer.
Well, I won't argue, but do you really think these guys who drive these cars are 16 yrs old... I guess yeah..

And kthacher, these guys show attention coz they got manners, how about you? lack of some!
and do you really think that I can't own my R8 if I want!
You're Pathetic..

if you read the previous posts, you'll know that here, in my city, guys pay Millions of Dollars for only a God dam Plate gotta nice Number. not TT for 60k or R8 for what! 120k!

Man we're chatting about powers,
Who made ya think that I gotta no idea about mid engine's, heavy nose or god dam G-force.

Cars a toys for us, we miss we modify and make it feel good.

So, for god sake "Get a Life"

Either you choose your words or zip it better.

ok. To cut through all the crap, rather than posting fluff videos, videos of a different spec car at the ring or videos of a rwd porsche 911 that only shares the same hp figure as your car (you forgot to post the other video from that show where the r8 beat that same porsche round their track by 1.8s) - do you have any videos/proof of your car "killing" an r8 on a track?

Discussion starter · #43 ·

ok. To cut through all the crap, rather than posting fluff videos, videos of a different spec car at the ring or videos of a porsche 911 that happens to share the same hp figure - do you have any videos/proof of your car "killing" an r8 on a track?

Bro...
I'm ending this war,
Just sent PM to the Admin to Shut this Thread up...
And why would prove anything.
I can fool you by making my friend drive an R8, loose a little gas so I pass him, with background music, non will caught it. & everyone will believe it.

I'm not upgrading the Engine alone,
High Performance Brakes, Suspension, Coilovers, lowering, 20' tires, Clutchs...
so don't worry about it in the track and around the corners, it will do just fine.

Anyway, I've tryed to change the Title for preventing further bad responds & lost maners, but unfortunatly I couldn't...

And believe me, it's not my attention to disrespect any of you.
but tell me the truth, have or have not that title pushed you to check it up!

Kind of motivation to jump in... :D

It's amazing the way some of you respond.
As if I slap you when I said An R8 killer.
Well, I won't argue, but do you really think these guys who drive these cars are 16 yrs old... I guess yeah..

And kthacher, these guys show attention coz they got manners, how about you? lack of some!
You're Pathetic..

if you read the previous posts, you'll know that here, in my city, guys pay Millions of Dollars for only a God dam Plate gotta nice Number. not TT for 60k or R8 for what! 120k!

Man we're chatting about powers,
Who made ya think that I gotta no idea about mid engine's, heavy nose or god dam G-force.

Cars a toys for us, we miss we modify and make it feel good.

So, for god sake "Get a Life"

Either you choose your words or zip it better.
QED (case closed for quasi literate)

uaeprince - you might have missed my edit where I pointed out that you only posted the short drag video against the porsche and not the track video from the same programme where that porsche lost out to the r8 by 1.8s:

Audi R8 1.24.4
Porsche 911 Carrera 2S 1.26.2

You can view lap times here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

or here (which shows track conditions - the r8 was on a damp track):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Test_Track

and that was for a rwd porsche 911 with the same bhp, not a modded fwd tt.

if you take the time to read that list, you'll realise it's not just hp that determines if car "a" will beat car "b"

Discussion starter · #46 · (Edited)

uaeprince - you might have missed my edit where I pointed out that you only posted the short drag video against the porsche and not the track video from the same programme where that porsche lost out to the r8 by 1.8s:

Audi R8 1.24.4
Porsche 911 Carrera 2S 1.26.2

You can view lap times here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

or here (which shows track conditions - the r8 was on a damp track):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_Test_Track

and that was for a rwd porsche 911 with the same bhp, not a modded fwd tt.

if you take the time to read that list, you'll realise it's not just hp that determines if car "a" will beat car "b"
I positively totally Agree.

but, I just said why did I choose that title.. "Motivation"
Anyway, It's a pleasure talking to you.

Cheers... :)

You're Pathetic..

You pay millions for a license plate, which we don't... yeah, this proves that you're right.

this thread is no different from anyone with a modified Honda and going onto a Porsche forum and say "Porsche 911 killer". How do you think people will respond? Choice of words makes a world of difference in how people will respond to you....do choose wisely next time.

I think the main problem here is just a cultural misunderstanding. In his own land, I'm sure the guy is well respected. It's just when certain styles of conversations get translated via "culture lines", they may become lost in a cultural translation.

Maybe that's just how they talk over there. Or they simply don't care what they sound like, or what others think about them. Like a survival of the fittest mentality.

Maybe for us folks in the States, or other Western cultures, we view their aggressively sounding statements in an offensive method. But I'm sure they don't care what we think in the first place.

This thread could go on forever and a day.

BTW, just my opinion, but I assume million dollar license plates are the next best thing to having freedom :)

Yeah, come on guys. It's not that bad. I think we're taking ourselves a little too seriously! :)

The R8 isn't the fastest car on earth and neither is the TT. The guy was just a little excited and wanted to show the world what he had created!!

English is probably his second language, so let's cut him some slack and chill.

It's all good.

Yeah, come on guys. It's not that bad. I think we're taking ourselves a little too seriously! :)

The R8 isn't the fastest car on earth and neither is the TT. The guy was just a little excited and wanted to show the world what he had created!!

English is probably his second language, so let's cut him some slack and chill.

It's all good.
Exactly,:) he was just coming to an R8 site showing off his lack of driving skills in a non R8.:eek:

Shouting it is an "R8 killer" how could he have known he would not be welcomed with open arms.:)
He has no clue what an R8 is like, he is a wantabee.:)

It is a language thing, he did not understand.:)

Or maybe he is a troll and knew exactly what he was doing:)

There lots of smiles:) makes it OK to say anything. Oh and no disrespect intended.

Discussion starter · #53 ·

No comment..

Not coz I can't comments, but coz I don't wanna go through this...
You curse, You shout, You show anger... and as the guy said,
this thread could go on and on.

Alright guys, The R8 IS THE BEST CAR IN WORLD,

End of Story...

& Dan1
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Oh and no disrespect intended

Hey, let me say one thing to all of you.

Reason why I frequent this Forum is because it was a community of knowledgable and respectful enthusiasts. Always out to help one another.

Looks like things are changing. There are a lot of agressive, NEW members appearing. Quite sad really.

I'm done with this thread.

That's one reason I haven't been here for a few months. I think for the most part, everyone seems to be really nice and respectful. maybe just one or two bad apples :)

Discussion starter · #56 · (Edited)

Hey, let me say one thing to all of you.

Reason why I frequent this Forum is because it was a community of knowledgable and respectful enthusiasts. Always out to help one another.

Looks like things are changing. There are a lot of agressive, NEW members appearing. Quite sad really.

I'm done with this thread.
bz888 my friend...
I apologize, and you've gotta know that's it's not my attention (at all) to disrespect any of ya,

I'm done as well... and I've asked the Admin to Close the thread or delete it.

bz888 chill & smile..
nothing worth it...

Anyway...
Check the R8 with these rims in this Site.. :cool:

http://www.wheelsandmore.de

Great videos. Relax people, I take no offense. Its not for me but I enjoy seeing people who get as much (or more) enjoyment out of their cars as I do. I have never been much for major performance upgrades but appreciate the time and effort that goes into them.

As some of you guys have noticed, this same OP has posted his same thoughtful "comments" in several other forums. The attentive moderators of those others forums, used their good sense and saw that nothing constructive was going to evolve from this guy's remarks, and they removed the thread to areas of general automotive discussion, where the thing does appropriately belong.

Its a shame that this forum is, as usual, without good moderators, and threads like this are allowed to fester. There's nothing wrong in any way for this guy to have this discussion in a TT forum, or maybe in a general automotive forum for people who enjoy this subject. It just needs to be put in a better forum that is more in spirit with the OP's original thread ideas.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.