Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have already known, but I have been secretly planning this for months!

The venue was confirmed on Thursday and the website went live Friday.

The response has been amazing and the event is set to be a fantastic day for ALL the family.

The event is open to all models of Audi. Old, New, Standard and Modified....if it's an Audi....its welcome!

Please feel free to have a peek at the site www.audisinthepark.co.uk and also please feel free to spread the word.

Due to the amount of enquiries I've had already, i've added a mailing list to keep you updated with all the latest news and info as it happens!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Will there be appropriate driving conditions etc... for the low slung R8's?? Don't fancy bottoming out on a field, or wrecking the front spoiler!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The event field at Wicksteed park is home to many car events so is nice and flat.

There are two or three speed bumps at the pay gate of the park but no worst than you'd find at any car park etc.

My own vehicle has been lowered on coilover suspension by over 110mm so trust me, that was one of my concerns too.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The U.K. has smooth enough roads for low slungers? This is a good thing.The U.S. in this economy is'nt getting to the pot holes soon enough for me.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Does Richcliffe have the stock rubber spoiler? How does a lowered R 8 with additional front spoilers (one inch lower yet )do on the U.K.'s daily driving?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Does Richcliffe have the stock rubber spoiler? How does a lowered R 8 with additional front spoilers (one inch lower yet )do on the U.K.'s daily driving?
Yes he does have the stock spoiler, and lowering the R8 any further wouldn't be a great idea in the UK if you wanted to use it as a daily driver. I already have to adjust my route to work and back due to speed bumps (of which there are plenty over here!!), but it's not a massive problem. Most of the speed bumps are OK if you take them slowly enough. As much as I love my R8, I do often wonder why I spent a **** load of money on an 187mph car, that spends a lot of it's time doing 5mph over bumps!!! :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Shall i allocate some space for you guys?
I would certainly enjoy meeting up with some other members of this forum at the event because during 6 months of ownership I haven't met or had the opportunity to chat directly with anyone else who owns an R8 :(

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
SIX at a pub? The U.K. rules !!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Gotcha. Six R 8s ,not six drafts !:eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes he does have the stock spoiler, and lowering the R8 any further wouldn't be a great idea in the UK if you wanted to use it as a daily driver. I already have to adjust my route to work and back due to speed bumps (of which there are plenty over here!!), but it's not a massive problem. Most of the speed bumps are OK if you take them slowly enough. As much as I love my R8, I do often wonder why I spent a **** load of money on an 187mph car, that spends a lot of it's time doing 5mph over bumps!!! :D
hahaha, yeah tell me about it, the roads to my house are covered in speed bumps, wrecked to front tyres on my M3 because of the hard tyre wall, going over the ones in the middle rather than straight across, they just ended up cutting the inside walls of both fronts..

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Count me in too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts