Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this has been posted here before ... so here goes ...

I get the impression the reviewers are mistakenly under the impression the R8 is a supercar ... they acknowledge that Audi has said it is not a supercar ... but it seems they feel let down by the R8's performance when compared to its looks ... maybe they haven't grasped the fact it can't compete with Gallardos and therefore won't be able to compete with high end Ferraris ... because if they made it as quick as a current Gallardo they'd hurt sales of the Gallardo ... which would be detremental to Audi and Lamborghini ... anyway ... here's a link to the article.

Cars Guide Australia

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think this has been posted here before ... so here goes ...

I get the impression the reviewers are mistakenly under the impression the R8 is a supercar ... they acknowledge that Audi has said it is not a supercar ... but it seems they feel let down by the R8's performance when compared to its looks ... maybe they haven't grasped the fact it can't compete with Gallardos and therefore won't be able to compete with high end Ferraris ... because if they made it as quick as a current Gallardo they'd hurt sales of the Gallardo ... which would be detremental to Audi and Lamborghini ... anyway ... here's a link to the article.

Cars Guide Australia
Typical Aussie's, can't tell the difference between a premium lager or a well rounded bitter. They just want the volume (speed) and not the quality (build):D :D :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think the expectation gap between "look" and "supercar performance" will be reduced with the v10 engine. Nonetheless, Audi has done an exceptional job in creating a look that kills, thrills, and make grown man/woman feel sexy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the expectation gap between "look" and "supercar performance" will be reduced with the v10 engine. Nonetheless, Audi has done an exceptional job in creating a look that kills, thrills, and make grown man/woman feel sexy.
Indeed ... although I think I'll feel please and very proud ... rather than sexy ... when I get mine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts