Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It just puts into perspective just what sort of power the veyron has. Its more a shapceship than a car.
How hubling would that be, ragging the V8 4.2, and you get no where :eek:

Good video though

·
Registered
604 Posts
I never understood this as a group test - it was just silly.

Next week Maclaren F1 and a London bus - not sure of the winner ....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just read the EVO article.. or the thread from bz888... for me thats enough..

cant wait for mid july!! :D :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Autocar test basically says the R8 doesn't feel that fast - and then they prove it with the Veyron race! :(
And it's because of the mid-engine design. It does everything with ease!!

And sorry but with the Veyron race EVERY car looks slow. Acceleration of the Veyron from 120 to 280 km/h in 6 seconds :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
This Test is garbage. The Veyron should not be in test at all. Nothing compares to it. So don't worry about it. As for the Porsche, yeah it's a great car. But does it have the presence of the R8 when you're at the Traffic Lights? or the Engineering and Quality or the Technology...Don't think so...

Not many people get to see the Test Track at Neckarsulm. It's not part of the R8 tour. Since it was only Me, My cousin and Hans. We begged him to take us there. So, he told the bus driver to divert and we stayed there for a few minutes. I wish I got it on film, but Camera and Phones were Banned!!! :(

Like I said, this car will blow you mind on the limit. We are talking .99-1.02G on Skidpads. This is serious stuff. Check out what the F430 or Lambo does on the Skidpad... .97-1G. The R8 is the same if not slightly better! Sure, the V10 will have more grunt. But trust me, if you push the R8 V8, you will be rewarded!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts