Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost all my music is on Napster, which then plays through system in house. I can't work out how to burn it to SD cards without huge cost, so looking at upgrading to Napster-to-go, which means I can copy it all to a compatible player, then hopefully plug in to Aux input in R8.

I know Aux-in works with i-pod, but Napster doesn't...so, does anyone use any other players,eg Creative, Walkman etc, with Aux connection, and what functions/control do you get on-screen? Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
isn't aux-in just like earphones? it should work whatever the format.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Um, aux is just an external input. Why wouldn't it work with the napster on the go? Just go from the headphone out to the aux.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, wasn't very clear. Realise that you can plug anything in, but I meant to ask what functionality you get when using the Aux-in.

eg can you control the player via the car controls, select music from list on Nav screen, etc, or is it all done on the player, and you just hear sounds through the system?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
no contol capability. just audio through the system in whatever format your player will output...as long as it's running through an 1/8 audio plug (headphone jack via your ipod etc) you will need a cable with 2 male 1/8" audio connectors and an audio player...that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts