Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We are pleased to announce the release of our R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust System.

More than a R8 4.2L Exhaust re-purposed for the 5.2L V10, the AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust was designed with the unique sound characteristics of the 5.2L V10 in mind. Hundreds of hours of development and sound tuning were invested to unlock the perfect combination of exhaust tone, sound volume and practicality. This is an unmatched piece of Performance Engineering.

The AWE Tuning R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust features dyno proven power gains, an exhilarating engine note and our proprietary SwitchPath Valve Control System.

To celebrate its release, we are offering special Launch Alert Pricing until June 6th.

More info, images, and everything you want to hear is within the new R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust Section of AWE-Tuning.com, or can be found through AWE Tuning’s global network of dealers.

Be sure to check out the all new R8 V10 section of AWE-Tuning.com for everything R8 V10 Performance.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/audi/r8/r8-v10/awe-tuning-r8-v10-switchpath-exhaust-system.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like this better than tubi. Reminds me of my 360 Stradale exhaust. Good job Alex.
some questions:
What is the labor cost? What is the warranty on it? and is it reversible?
Thanks for the kind words.

Labor cost ultimately depends on who is installing it and how much they charge for an R8 Exhaust install. We estimate about 24 hours of labor for the full exhaust install as well as wiring of the SwitchPath controller unit.

Our R8 Exhausts come with a Lifetime Warranty to the original purchaser.

The install is reversible.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I assume I missed somewhere that a similar kit exists for the 4.2? I like my Stasis exhaust, but I'd also love to control when it's allowed to yell

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assume I missed somewhere that a similar kit exists for the 4.2? I like my Stasis exhaust, but I'd also love to control when it's allowed to yell
Yup!

We have a R8 V8 SwitchPath Exhaust as well. The design of our V8 and V10 SwitchPath Exhausts are different since we took into account the unique needs of each engine; i.e. different tubing diameters, crossovers and mufflers for each; but they both feature our SwitchPath Valve Control System.

For more info, click here: http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/audi/r8/r8-42/awe-tuning-r8-4-2l-switchpath-exhaust.html

Why only to the original purchaser? So if you buy a car with it installed already you're not covered anymore ...
It’s industry standard to apply the warranty to the original owner.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
If I understand correctly, this exhaust is not street-legal due to the elimination of the catalytic converter. Is my understanding correct? Do other aftermarket exhausts (Tubi, STaSIS, Kreissig, etc.) also eliminate the cats? California buyers be aware of this since you have to get smog tests, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds awesome, nonetheless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I understand correctly, this exhaust is not street-legal due to the elimination of the catalytic converter. Is my understanding correct? Do other aftermarket exhausts (Tubi, STaSIS, Kreissig, etc.) also eliminate the cats? California buyers be aware of this since you have to get smog tests, if I'm not mistaken. Sounds awesome, nonetheless.
The factory exhaust contains a pair of unmonitored catalytic converters.

Point being: Will the R8 V10 SwitchPath™ Exhaust cause a light to go off on your dash? It will not.

But any aftermarket exhaust (including those mentioned) that plays around with the catalysts technically won’t pass the visual inspection of an emissions test. However, as we all know, a visual inspection of an R8 exhaust once installed is no easy feat.

Bottom line is that we’re very transparent at AWE Tuning and want our customers to have all of the information so they can make informed decisions, thus the disclaimer on our site, “Please note that due to the elimination of catalytic converters, this exhaust is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.”

As a point of reference, the owner of our SwitchPath™ installed-development car (R8 V10) recently passed Delaware state inspection with no issues.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone,

Just an FYI: Monday is your last day to access Launch Alert pricing on our R8 V10 SwitchPath Exhaust system.

Let me know if you have any questions, here to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts