Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

Getting a set of these pin loaded jack stands (or axle stands depending on part of the world you're from) , I have a set of hockeypucks incoming from amazon, but again they're flat and as you can tell from the top of the jack stands, they angle up..

Anyone got another idea of what I should be using?

I did get the hockeypucks ordered when I was going to get one of these rachet jack stands but from a safety point of view, going the pin loaded ones instead but with the tops/saddles of them I'm just looking for advice on what to put between them and the car.

For interest sake, these were the rachet ones I was going to get.

·
Registered
807 Posts
As above I have 2 x sets of the Esco 10499 Jack Stand and they are a perfect fit for the R8 and will be the only stands you would need.
Reverse Logic Limited

Reactions: ItsaMe

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, they were the ones I had found online but nobody had stock of them -- anywhere, then I found one site but it was going to end up being $500 AUD by the time I had them delivered to me, which compared to $80/90 aud for the ones in my initial post was a bit much.

That said @66cobra - I hadnt seen reverse logic limited in my searches before, and they'd end up $200 aud shipped apparently hmmm maybe I do that, they're exactly what I would prefer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Despite the reviews, thought I'd give these a shot .. more positive reviews than bad...

Human body Rectangle Font Handwriting Circle

Just ordered the set from reverselogic ..

·
Registered
807 Posts
Had mine about 4 Years and never had a problem, They are the lower profile one's and work perfect.

Reactions: ItsaMe

·
Registered
665 Posts
hey everyone,

Getting a set of these pin loaded jack stands (or axle stands depending on part of the world you're from) , I have a set of hockeypucks incoming from amazon, but again they're flat and as you can tell from the top of the jack stands, they angle up..

View attachment 266037

Anyone got another idea of what I should be using?

I did get the hockeypucks ordered when I was going to get one of these rachet jack stands but from a safety point of view, going the pin loaded ones instead but with the tops/saddles of them I'm just looking for advice on what to put between them and the car.

For interest sake, these were the rachet ones I was going to get.
View attachment 266038
May I recommend another option? I and some of the others on this board have been using QuickJack. It lifts the entire car up by about 18”

I couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@mor3naz0 i think i peaked a little early, looks like my order might get refunded. REason being their site had the incorrect shipping on it and shipping to australia will be (waiting for confirmation) more than the actual cost of the jacks. Not really keen on spending $300-400 on a set of jacks, might be worth me getting a set of local pin ones like I mentioned originally and getting a fabricator to chop the tops off and weld on a flat plate instead.

The quickjacks I love as well, but at $3k and the amount of room they take up, not too keen on that, they're awesome though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ahh wow, I though the $18USD for shipment was to good to be true! I havent recieved an email from them yet though. Im in the same boat with the quickjacks. Keeping a eye on gumtree for any used lifts. Cosco also had the 5000 model on sale for $1,800AUD, but apparently there not going to offer that anymore but did say they may be offering another model shortly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh @mor3naz0 you're in AU as well? (Bris here!) yeah the $18USD they said is for one of the parts only, not the whole unit. They offered a refund straigth away, and/or quote on shipping, ive asked for a quote still but not liking my chances :S

Yeah see $2-3k on a jack, I just don't lift the car enough to warrant that.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use the aluminum puck adapter with the rod on top to jack the car up from the side, then use jack stands at the jacking points shown above. Works well and on a budget. For anything more, I have a lift that I use.

Rectangle Cylinder Automotive exhaust Office supplies Automotive tire

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the ESCO's arent going to happen, $163 USD for shipping ($222 AUD) is absolutely ridiculous, so this morning I'm going to contact a local fabricator and see how much he'll charge to chop the tops off and weld some flat plates onto the pin items.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha that is absolutely awesome, if I had a dedicated shed, I'd throw a hoist in there, but these quickjacks on steriods look awesome... little bit more than what I need for my use case at the moment :)

-

For those following, spoke with my fabricator friend this morning, going to pick up those pin jack stands from supercheap today and take them to him tomorrow, he said before he starts chopping, he's going to make a flat top cover for the saddle and see how that goes.. Stay tuned..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts