Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was able to put together my own flat top jack stands using Sunex jack stands and Schwaben pinch weld protectors.

The Schwaben pads have a groove pattern on one side that fits with the top of the Sunex stands perfectly. I’m guessing it would fit with other stands that have a similar top design.

There’s another company called Big Red that makes a very similar looking jack stand and is only $80/pair on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice!

Well my 2x hockey pucks just arrived this morning, so pending what happens at the fabricators later, i might try use a large tooth file to try file out 2 sections of a hockey puck to sit on the saddle tops, really wish i had a workbench and a vice right about now :D

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
When I bought my car I used these

Hood Automotive tire Aerospace manufacturer Motor vehicle Tire

But I found this to be more useful for tire swaps and inspection my suspension and brake components.

Tire Wheel Hood Blue Automotive tire

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Wow!! I am impressed with some of the setups some of you have, I dont even have an air compressor in the garage to facilitate a lift like that :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey everyone,

Getting a set of these pin loaded jack stands (or axle stands depending on part of the world you're from) , I have a set of hockeypucks incoming from amazon, but again they're flat and as you can tell from the top of the jack stands, they angle up..

View attachment 266037

Anyone got another idea of what I should be using?

I did get the hockeypucks ordered when I was going to get one of these rachet jack stands but from a safety point of view, going the pin loaded ones instead but with the tops/saddles of them I'm just looking for advice on what to put between them and the car.

For interest sake, these were the rachet ones I was going to get.
View attachment 266038
We just did a full exhaust back to stock do needed the car in the air for a week. I got some thick rubber from Clark Rubber and asked them to cut it into nice squares for me and we used this to protect the car :) Worked great.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@Oz_R8 literally just had a mate mention similar to me, he got a couple of rubber squares cut about 4cm thick to put on top of his stands. If my stands weren't out at the fabricators right now I would of given this a shot...

For now I'm just waiting to see what my fabricator mate comes up with which was supposed to be done on Saturday but his CNC machine decided to take a break and push back a few jobs :(

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update for those following. I am absolutely over the moon with the results.

Fabricator : MDSFAB
Located Brisbane, Australia , I have to plug his facebook / insta...

So he went above and beyond and instead of just make little saddles which I thought he was going too, he's gone and created billet caps/saddles for the pin jack stands I had.
They've been cnc'd to perfection.

And he went and got creative on the top "just because" :p fits in with every other 'Mario' item that I get given haha

Automotive lighting Hood Light Automotive design Silver

Automotive lighting Finger Wood Gas Nickel

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Hardwood

Furniture Light Wood Stool Table

Anyone in Australia I'd highly recommend his work if you were after something similar, cannot rate these high enough. That said he'd probably ship overseas too if required.

Reactions: torqueit

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What model stand is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry @mor3naz0 - thought I had mentioned it but all I did was put photos.

SuperCheapAuto - SCA Car Stands Pin 3000kg
Item No. 563871

-
Opted for the pin style for pure safety point of view.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts