Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to say to much right now as i want to give AUDI The chance to kiss my arse and keep me from telling the story and posting the photos of what has happened to my R8 today/Tonight !
As one of the first to own the r8 in the uk i`m telling you this is not a every day sports car and Audi do NOT have in place the recovery IF somthing goes wrong. Alot of you will be horrifed by what i have been through today and tonight.

Scott

·
Registered
274 Posts
scott- post up the details...
and let us know how good of a job audi does at handling them
not too late for the rest of us to cancel if they dont have it together!!

I dont want to say to much right now as i want to give AUDI The chance to kiss my arse and keep me from telling the story and posting the photos of what has happened to my R8 today/Tonight !
As one of the first to own the r8 in the uk i`m telling you this is not a every day sports car and Audi do NOT have in place the recovery IF somthing goes wrong. Alot of you will be horrifed by what i have been through today and tonight.

Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
problems problems problems & more problems.
I will tell all after i have spoke to the top dog at audi UK just waiting for him to call me........ But its not good news i can tell ya.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GRrrrrrrrrrrr Audi are a JOKE.... just going to pick up a Ferrari F430 Spider F1to smoke around in over the weekend.. After all that was my plan wa but it would of been in my own super car .. i`m gonna go to town on Audi they have cost me £2,200 last night in loss of wages and taxi`s , and how about my pride ! ... yes thats right i had to get a taxi home from the night club....
Something is wrong with my gear box and clutch .. not even going to mention the other 20 things are also not right.. she was in Audi all day friday i picked her up and 20miles later LOW OIL light comes on and gear box feels really stiff.

1 week old , 1,500 miles......

I will tell you the whole story along with photos of her on the back of a truck !

will post some photos soon of the Ferrari F430 Spider F1.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did You Ever Happen To Think That You Got Offered The Car With Just A Little Over The Msrp For A Reson?????????

This Happens With Every Car Company!!!! There Is Always A Couple Of Bad Apples From The Batch!.
It's A Real Shame For Audi.......it's There First Sportscar And If This Keeps On Happening There Going To Take A Hit Pretty Hard!!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
It should be under warranty - unless the first owner did some very bad things.

I am glad I am further down the list though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The F430 doesn't look nearly as good and is very LOUD inside the cabin when driving.........

I do second Zymval's point; this happens to EVERY manufacturer. In the past, Lambo and Ferrari have had very unreliable vehicles.

And Aston Martin, with their battery drain problem..........

Give them a good bollocking, get it fixed, drive the car a little longer.

This will either soothe ruffled feathers, or you will end up selling it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
not usual for an Audi tho'

particularly as a lot of the mechanicals from the R8 are tried and tested from RS4 etc.

other membes of this forum who have received their cars have not reported problems so hopefully this is a one-off

·
Registered
182 Posts
only problem i had was with the rear tyre i use my car every day and havnt had any problems since audi recovery have a special department for the r8 and the service i received was great if you have any problems speak to a guy called mike fairs at the r8 recovery

·
Registered
718 Posts
Tell me more about "special recovery" please !

What did special recovery do ? Presume you had a puncture ?

I have spoken to Mike many times. He is in the "R8 team" dealing with customer service, deliveries as well as technical issues. He is indeed extremely helpful.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts