Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my R8 was not fitted with this option. It came with the standard 140 watt 7 speaker sound system with 6 disc changer. Can anyone suggest an upgrade path to a premium sound system.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
943 Posts
Is the difference solely the amp? If not, I imagine it would be really expensive and a PITA to install the components.

I didn't know anyone ordered an R8 without this option lol.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Unfortunately my R8 was not fitted with this option. It came with the standard 140 watt 7 speaker sound system with 6 disc changer. Can anyone suggest an upgrade path to a premium sound system.
Thanks in advance
at a minimum, I think it's the amp and more speakers

if an upgrade is truly desired, one might be better off going with the "after-market", as "the sky's the limit," on what you can do with sound systems

seek out a knowledgeable auto sound shop or (they're kind of far from you tho!) check out Crutchfield, who have a huge database of oem specs and what after market stuff fits in along with all the fancy after-market systems that put Audi's factory stuff to shame!

unfortunately, a quick check reveals they "haven't researched" the R8 specifically for what fits, but their online and phone info system is very good and you can often tell them what you have (component descriptions, etc.) and they can guide you right.

I believe MOST, if not all, European cars adhere to a couple of basic spec templates in terms of chassis size and mounting requirements (DIN spec)

www.crutchfield.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts