Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I run a fair amount of accessories and during a cruise, filled up the tank with the key in the accessory position for maybe 15 minutes, my battery died. Very luckily a nice woman had a jumper cable set and got me going again.
Do any of you guys have a battery jump pack that you keep with you? One of those lithium ion ones.
Any info is great, thanks!

·
Registered
2012 R8 V8 Spyder
41 Posts
I just bought an Anti-Gravity Lithium battery to replace stock (much lighter), the model I purchased has a jump pack built in with a key fob remote you can use to jump itself if the starter battery fails.. I have used AnitGravity jump packs for a long time for Search & Rescue and find they hold up well in all conditions.

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Long story short, I run a fair amount of accessories and during a cruise, filled up the tank with the key in the accessory position for maybe 15 minutes, my battery died. Very luckily a nice woman had a jumper cable set and got me going again.
Do any of you guys have a battery jump pack that you keep with you? One of those lithium ion ones.
Any info is great, thanks!
How old is that battery? I've been thinking about proactively replacing mine - it's 5.5 years old now. I keep it on a CTEK in the winter, and I've not had any issues with it, but my experience is that batteries can go down hill quickly. 15 minutes on accessory power doesn't seem like it should have killed an otherwise healthy battery?

I just bought an Anti-Gravity Lithium battery to replace stock (much lighter), the model I purchased has a jump pack built in with a key fob remote you can use to jump itself if the starter battery fails.. I have used AnitGravity jump packs for a long time for Search & Rescue and find they hold up well in all conditions.
This is a pretty interesting concept! I'm assuming the jump pack gets charged and conditioned regularly through the regular electrical system?

Antigravity XP-3
Dave, how did you settle on the XP-3 versus other options? I see the XP-3 says it'll support up to 5.7L V8, but I'm wondering if that may be pushing it (with either V8 or V10)?

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Took a look at the Antigravity lithium option with the built-in jumper - looks impressive. But wow, $949 for the 60ah option! Says it should last 7 - 9 years, though, so very respectable if accurate, and very light. May have to consider this - my current plan was to replace the battery at the end of the summer during my annual service.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Last time I looked at antigravity was early last year.

I've pinged them twice about some sort of certification, government approval. They did not reply. Do they have and certification of some sort now?

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
How old is that battery? I've been thinking about proactively replacing mine - it's 5.5 years old now. I keep it on a CTEK in the winter, and I've not had any issues with it, but my experience is that batteries can go down hill quickly. 15 minutes on accessory power doesn't seem like it should have killed an otherwise healthy battery?

This is a pretty interesting concept! I'm assuming the jump pack gets charged and conditioned regularly through the regular electrical system?

Dave, how did you settle on the XP-3 versus other options? I see the XP-3 says it'll support up to 5.7L V8, but I'm wondering if that may be pushing it (with either V8 or V10)?
Hello Ez, I chose the XP-3 precisely because it said it would start a high cubic capacity motor, I've only used it on my car once and it certainly cranked the motor very quickly providing a nearly instant start. Used on smaller capacity cars with excellent results too, as an aside the XP-3 holds its charge very well too, I recharge once a month as part of my personal maint. routine for my car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies.

Battery age: Probably original, I'll end up replacing it sooner rather than later myself.
I always leave the car on a tender, ctek.

I ended up with the ROAV Jump Start Pro, 80$ on Amazon and does 6.0L engines. It has 1,000 amps of juice too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts