Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any issues with battery running down when car either sits for days on end and/or used only for short, local trips?
If so, anyone use a battery tender or trickle charger? What type?
We've had no problems to date, but my Aston and Ferrari seem to need the tenders to stay well charged. They are both fairly easy to hook up, whereas the 12V lighter sockets stay energized and allow the use of a quick plug unit.
It appears the R8's plugs de-energize upon shut-off, and thus won't conduct a charge from the 12V cigar plug type unit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone have any issues with battery running down when car either sits for days on end and/or used only for short, local trips?
If so, anyone use a battery tender or trickle charger? What type?
We've had no problems to date, but my Aston and Ferrari seem to need the tenders to stay well charged. They are both fairly easy to hook up, whereas the 12V lighter sockets stay energized and allow the use of a quick plug unit.
It appears the R8's plugs de-energize upon shut-off, and thus won't conduct a charge from the 12V cigar plug type unit.

I think that if you have the ability of hooking up a battery tender it's probably a good idea. If your car is in a very hot climate, this will sometimes kill the battery life much quicker than normal. I would say that you should at least have it checked out to make certain that your charging system is in good working order. We all have had "Ghosts In The Machine" from time to time and an "Electrical Ghost" can be the most difficult to track down.
If you deal with it pragmatically, you should hopefully sort it out.
Best of luck "Ghost Hunting"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts