Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must report that I have had a terrific experience having my new V10 detailed and the VentureShield applied this past week! I was treated like a King! And that was a new experience for me. I'm not one to rave very often! So please take this recommendation as being from my heart.

If you live anywhere in the North West US, you MUST get your car treated at the N.W. Auto Salon (http://www.northwestautosalon.com/) in Seattle! They can do anything and can make any car look new. They use every type of procedure needed to prepare your car for sealant and waxing, and preparation for the VentureShield application. The guys who work there are true artists with a car. I saw several cars being beautified and babied. They treat each car as if it were their own.

I am so impressed with their work that I can only recommend it to everyone who has any nice car that they want to preserve. They are full service and will even come down to Portland occasionally if there is a group of us who want our cars detailed at one sitting. As our cars go through the Winter, they will need a Spring detailing. If we get together, we can get the guys to come down and do a "Spring Cleaning" for us. What a terrific deal that would be. All of us in the Portland area should talk about this and make some plans for the Spring!

The only thing that they don't do down in Portland is the VentureShield as their installer is a Seattle guy who sub-contracts the work for them. He is phenomenal. Come over and see my car. It is white/black and he did the full hood, all the side ridges and panels, and front end, including the blades. You could not tell it is there. I am just so thrilled with the job.

So if you want to be treated like a King too.....get you car worked on at this place! You won't regret it. :)

Steve

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Prepping before that sheild is applied must be a critical/crucial step. Kudos to your buddies !! :)

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Harry, I guess it must be......since they spent a lot of time getting the car ready for the VentureShield.

I was lucky to find these guys from another member of this forum, by PM. He is in Seattle and wasn't sure I would want to travel up 3 + hours and stay overnight to have the 2 day job done. But his recommendation was so strong, I did it!

AND boy am I happy I did. He was right. These guys rock in the North West!!!

Steve :)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Glad you are so happy. It is sure nice when you find a place that takes care of their customers and does a quality job.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
How much of the car did you have covered?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drbf......the VentureShield covers the entire front including the hood, blades and front black bar, the sides behind the front wheels, the curved area above and below the door sills, the front and back flat area of the rear wheel wells, and the front edge of the side CF blades and the front 1/2 of the CF mirrors. It is nearly impossible to see it unless you are looking for it.

I am amazed, as I was very skeptical of it. I think that the prep of the paint really helps since everything has the same shine after the final layer of Crystal Ice wax was was applied to everything, including the bra. It was very expensive, but I am hoping it will really keep the car protected.

Steve

·
Registered
148 Posts
That final top coat of wax used is officially "swissvax crystal rock" Its a super-high % carnuba so looks stunning as the final coat. ;)

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Peter. I forgot the full name. It is really great stuff....but at $1000 per container, I think I'll let them buy it and change me extra for using it on my car!

Steve

P.S. Thanks Peter for the great time in Seattle. We need to do some PDX- SEA events and get to know the people in both areas who like to do group things like exciting rides and weekend trips. Steve

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Too many African/3rd world retards driving around under their own rules.

Simple tragedy here is that after getting all this nice stuff done, some fool will T-Bone you when they're out for their halal chicken and couldnt care less about you.
LMFAO! Thats mint :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
"This is no joke --driving thru London is a high risk excercise needing driving skills suited to the fairground."

I've driven in London a few times and what saved me there were my driving skills honed over years of driving in South Florida. We've a least got you matched for terrible drivers.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
My one and only car accident happened from London to Dover.Sure it was my first time driving right hand drive, FIRST time shifting with my left hand , and FIRST time driving on left side of road. Sure I was fatigued from my flight from L.A.X. And my girlfreinds daughters would'nt stop screaming. I was doing just fine 'till I was trying to return the rental car in Dover where the big rig let me pull in front of him, then he ran the fender over. A real class act. Next time I'll take a Taxi. Absolutely my WORST driving experience. Places that have mega amounts of retirees cruising along are a nightmare too. Especially if I'm in a hurry. :eek: :eek: It will be a cold day in HELL when IHOP starts serving the TRADITIONAL breakfasts' of England. Whilst in England I only eat BEER. I wounder if Davey will enjoy his first BREAKFAST BURRITO over here in the states. still LMAO about that Traditional breakfast I tried at the airport.I actually liked the Bacon lard spread on a peice of toast better. I guess , 'cuz I am from third world U.S.A...I will try NOT to drive on your roads.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'll try the breakfast burrito :eek: Not having fun with America atm i've had to fly people over to get people out of my houses :mad: They'll take pics for me so should be able to post car pics very soon :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Davey Dee, do i understand correctly that you inherited all your listed cars but you didn't know you owned a Bugatti Veyron........
rgs conm

·
Registered
711 Posts
DD,

This is all a bit Dan Brown eh? Fun or not?

I'm sure you will enjoy the Burritos. When working in LA we used to go to a place out the back of Venice Beach for ours everyday. Mind you, the works pick up was no place to be if you hadn't had one yourself. There is much Power to the Beans!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Go and see Tom at Paintshield in Peterborough.

He did my V8 and recently my V10, both in blue.

He also has enough photos of black Lambo's and Ferrari's he can show you. They look good.

It is worth it and really does protect very well indeed.

P.S. It also offers good protection against "keying". He has a demo bumper, and you can try to scratch it with your own keys.............

As my car is phantom black, I dream of getting this done.

Problem is, I live in London.

Too many African/3rd world retards driving around under their own rules.

Simple tragedy here is that after getting all this nice stuff done, some fool will T-Bone you when they're out for their halal chicken and couldnt care less about you.

This is no joke --driving thru London is a high risk excercise needing driving skills suited to the fairground.

I think our Amercian cousins would be shocked at we have to put up with.

Cheers

-- Ozmunky

1 - 18 of 18 Posts