Audi R8 Forums banner

Best Audi Dealer for Service in Orange County?

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RSMR8 
#1 ·
I am new to the area and want to know where you guys prefer to take your R8 for servicing.

Spoke with Commonwealth but it seems like they are somewhat limited in what services they can perform there

Any suggestions are welcome

Thx

#2 ·
I take mine to Audi of Mission Viejo. Havent had any problems with them and they always give me a nice loaner car (been in the shop 2 or 3 times now). But i dont really have descriminating taste as some people may have. All I know is i bring my car in, when i get it back its fixed. And they are easy to work with. They'll even install aftermarket parts if you like.

#5 ·
Thru process of elimination I discovered that Mission Viejo is pretty much the only place that can do all servicing on an R8 in Orange County.

I too had wondered if I would get a loaner car even though I bought my car elsewhere, and they said I would have my pick of loaner cars including the A8 and Q7. Sometimes its nice to be an R8 owner.

#6 · (Edited)
Anyone have comments on Audi/Downtown,Lost Angeles ?? Heck ,Mission Viejo is'nt too far from me,and a much nicer area !!

#8 ·
The very first place I went to purchase an R8. They had FOUR black R8s in stock, one in showroom. The twenty (something) year old salesman refused to unlock the R8. I asked for a sales manager and was blown off. Terrible customer service. I could only imagine their service department.

And yes Harrison a much nicer area. Run the R8 over to Laguna Beach.

#7 · (Edited)
If you want to see where the R8 certified dealers/service are, just use the Audi site. Click on the R8 (a drop down with an overview or photos link and some info will show if you just move the cursor over the R8). In the R8 Overview page, there is a link to find your dealer. This opens a new window to do the search, make sure to check the box that shows only R8 dealers. This will show you who can sell R8s and it does show who can work on them.

#9 ·
Audi Mission Viejo. Ask for Steve. They are hands-down the place to go. They did my 5K service and loaned me a Q7 for about 6 days, over a weekend and while they got a part delivered. No BS, no questions, just great service. They talk to you like you are an R8 owner, not an A4 owner posing as an R8 owner. In short, they get it. Don't waste time going to any other dealer. I researched and spoke with several dealers and these guys were the clear choice.

#10 ·
I want to move to Orange county, service is crap in the UK... Spoilt my my Merc dealer on a car at half the price.......

#12 ·
Hmm, that's good to know since I'm moving back to South County after spending 3 years in Washington.

Just scheduled an appointment for the 5k servicing at my local Audi dealer who I don't trust much. They're saying there are 11 "campaigns" on the car including "additional sensors" in the side blades and a rewiring of the tail lights. Does this sound familiar to anyone who has already done the 5k?

#14 ·
I also hear good things about service at Mission Viejo Audi. I know a couple of the techs and they are very experienced on the R8.

I would like to suggest you at least speak to my dealer, Audi of West Covina. I live in Orange County but take my Audis to them. Chris Martin, my service advisor, is a multiple Audi owner and performance enthusiast and goes the extra mile to make sure I am happy. While he is the primary reason I keep coming back, I'm also on a first name basis with everyone in parts and service, and several of the sales people. I believe they all sincerely appreciate my business. Bobby, the R8 certified mechanic, takes great care of my cars. Like Mission Viejo and Commonwealth, they are a STaSIS Signature Series dealer, however West Covina is already factory-trained on the new STaSIS supercharger (Gee, how did that happen? ;)) so Chris can give you a quote on installing one of those if you are interested. While this is a relatively small dealership and therefore quite personable, as a Penske company they have sold quite a few R8s and have the corporate resources to support them.

My only complaint is the dealership provides free generic rental cars instead of loaners (what are they thinking!?) but then I don't usually need a loaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.