Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming the best car you have ever owned is the R8

What has been the second best car you have owned??
Or am I making a wrong assumption?

As I havent taken delivery yet of my R8
My best car would be my V8 M5 BMW 1999 model
Closely followed by my RS4 wagon(original model) when its wheels were not bending!!!

What other exotics have you enjoyed?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cars are constantly improving and wear out with use, so newer is almost always better!
That said, I've had a number of high performance cars and all were compromised in some way in order to deliver performance capabilities beyond practical use on the roadways (the R8 promises to be an exception here).
The overall best car I've ever owned - my current BMW 330i daily driver! Sufficient power and handling for the street, effortless to drive, smooth ride, reasonable space, good fuel economy. The only obvious flaw are the runflats which got noisy after about 10k miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i don't think the R8 is better than the GT3RS but i'm giving up the RS for R8 just because the R8 will be easier to live with for my need.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Audi RS4 avant V6 twin turbo. Loved it and started me down the Audi road. Comfortable,practical, and very quick! Prior to that Mitsubishi Evo6 unbelievable car for the money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The best car I've ever owned before my R8 is my 2005 Porsche C4S Cab. The second favorite was my Boxster S.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That would be the B7 RS4 that I've just sold for the R8 for sheer fun and most complete/trouble free would be my current A6 3.2Q Avant S-line. It's about perfect for everyday use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts