Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Looking to get the ECU tuned. I already have the exhaust, BMC air filters amd TCU tune.
I see VR offers a stage 1 and stage 2 option, as well as ability to get both. Why would you not just simply get stage 2?
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I cant speak of the other tunes since I've never used them. I have VFE's ECU/TCU tune. I don't have dyno numbers to show but I can feel the difference from 4k and up. Plus their customer service is incredible. They also offer credits towards purchasing upgraded parts. If I decide to go to a supercharger kit, they credit me the $2k Ive spent with them.... Pretty cool.... I chose VFE because the are well know, appear to be well liked, tried and tested, and the ability to flash back to stock if needed.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I have an APR tune and am very happy with the results. I don't have dyno figures but with my Capristo exhaust Ricky @ RE Performance who installed it reckons on close to 600 flywheel HP. It can be flashed back to stock if required and comes with a 30 day free return-to-stock trial.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an APR tune and am very happy with the results. I don't have dyno figures but with my Capristo exhaust Ricky @ RE Performance who installed it reckons on close to 600 flywheel HP. It can be flashed back to stock if required and comes with a 30 day free return-to-stock trial.
Blake @ VR Tuned did an amazing job on my Gen 1 V10.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Guys,
Looking to get the ECU tuned. I already have the exhaust, BMC air filters amd TCU tune.
I see VR offers a stage 1 and stage 2 option, as well as ability to get both. Why would you not just simply get stage 2?
Appreciate the feedback.
Thanks!

View attachment 244541
I put the VR stage 2 (92 octaine) tune on my 2014 R8 V10 Spyder...and just love it! 600+ HP, 444 ft lbs torque, removes speed limiter, very smooth at all rpms. Flashed both ECUs via the obd2 port using a PC cable they provide.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put the VR stage 2 (92 octaine) tune on my 2014 R8 V10 Spyder...and just love it! 600+ HP, 444 ft lbs torque, removes speed limiter, very smooth at all rpms. Flashed both ECUs via the obd2 port using a PC cable they provide.
woware you in NJ? how do you like it? I’m a bit scared to flash mine

·
Registered
72 Posts
woware you in NJ? how do you like it? I’m a bit scared to flash mine
I am on the West coast and really like the tune. Blake at VRTuning is a good person to email if you have questions. I also did Kline exhaust and BMC air inlet filters. These things and the tune, came after a good carbon cleaning, new spark plugs. If the engine is in good shape, well maintained, etc. it can handle more power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts