Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a family car but not sure which make the best family cars. Would be used for 2 adults 3 kids and 1 dog, so far i've looked at a Alpha Romeo 159 Sportwagon...any suggestions?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm looking for a family car but not sure which make the best family cars. Would be used for 2 adults 3 kids and 1 dog, so far i've looked at a Alpha Romeo 159 Sportwagon...any suggestions?

Spell Alfa correctly and give us more info on what your needs/features/budget is and you may get some good answers ;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry i spelt a word wrong...my needs are shown in my post a family car for 2 adults 3 kids and 1 dog and there isn't a budget, all family cars will be well within our range.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Look into the Audi 4.2 sportwagen.I have thought that if I was a family man THIS would be a cool grocery getter.:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i'm quessing you not into SUV?
coz the X5 3.0sd is good.

If not get the Merc E63 wagon :) or wait for the new model come out.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
What could be more Low Profile than the Audi sportwagen with the 4.2 FSI?? .

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I drive an '04 Audi A8L as my daily driver. It is GREAT for the entire family, but we do not have a dog.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've driven a Saab 9-3 stationwagon recently and was quite impressed. I expected a much smaller car than a Saab 9-5 but inside the difference in size is minimal.

It's well built, safe, has an interesting choice of engines and is nice to drive.

We ended up buying an SUV -a Saab 9-7 which is quite rare in Europe-, but both my wife (an ex racing driver not easily swayed...) and I liked the 9-3.

Last but not least with Saab's financial difficulties you can find soime amazing deals.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The SUV market might be bigger than the Sport wagen market.In the SUV area the Cayenne Turbo S 8 Cyl. has some competition making it a matter of preference,not capabilities. But I still like the Audi 4.2 V8 Sportwagen.Not for soccor moms. Seems a little more family than the many SUVs out there...and with a valved exhaust the children would be sung to sleep.:) Hardley anyone offroads anymore...I DO, and getting airborne is a rush !!:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Would have to be a RS6 Avant or M5 Estate for me. I also think there is a new MB AMG E Class due out soon which i'm sure will be epic.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
In the US, its all about the SUV. Audi and the Q5, Q7 for example. In other locals the Avant or the Saloon are the drive of choice. I agree the RS4 or 6 Avant would be the grocery getter of choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts