Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tubi Rumore here on a V10, no valves. No drone on the highway, fairly tame when not on the gas. Screams when you want it to. Best is whatever you like. I couldn't listen to a bunch of them in person, did not have that luxury. Very happy with my choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You have a V10? What don't you like about the Fabspeed? First I've heard this.
First I've heard too. I've talked to a few people with Fabspeed exhausts and all were very happy with it. I don't have the product yet, but they've been great so far.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
If money is no object than I'd look into the Capristo exhaust if you own a V10. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they don't like the sound of the Capristo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any further comparisons..vs Stock sport exhaust? Louder, (deeper/higher) pitch...Shopping , looking at Fabspeed...anyone hear Quicksilver? Thx
I have the Quicksilver exhaust, along with an APR tune and Eurowise Intakes. The sound is absolutely ferocious... Not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I love my Larini Valvetronic but I have a GT. It is quiet closed, but good god, when open? yowza, it wails. I love it but it's got to be one of the loudest out there and not for everyone. Construction and heat wrapping were gorgeous though too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
If money is no object there's only one that stands above, Kreissieg at 10.3K USD before shipping. Otherwise Armytrix, Capristo, Larini and Fi is also very good. Personally, I went with Armytrix. Superloud but still want it louder :p

For a V8, Armytrix makes it sounds like an german muscle car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm wondering how the "sports exhaust option" for the '15 V10 models compares to the aftermarket options mentioned...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If money is no object than I'd look into the Capristo exhaust if you own a V10. I don't think I've ever heard someone say they don't like the sound of the Capristo.
newbie here, first message. I bought a V10 Plus in December with the Audi sports exhaust. Straight from the dealer I drove to have the Capristo fitted. It lasted 24 hours the drone was deafening!! I am interested in an aftermarket system with zero drone.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tubi Rumori non valved here. Very happy with it, almost no drone.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
No drone from my Capristo. Strange.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Maybe because you have a Gen 1
Can't see how that would make much difference tbh. If anything a gen 1 should be noiser due to less sound proofing than a gen 2.

·
Registered
107 Posts
newbie here, first message. I bought a V10 Plus in December with the Audi sports exhaust. Straight from the dealer I drove to have the Capristo fitted. It lasted 24 hours the drone was deafening!! I am interested in an aftermarket system with zero drone.
If you’d like to ship that Capristo across the pond, you let me know!! 😂

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the AWE Switchpath on my R8. Its very expensive however in my opinion the best sounding exhaust and it has valves so you can be a good neighbor with those 7am cold starts. The exhaust is all-american made steel and looks just simply amazing. I personally did not enjoy the sound of titanium exhausts on R8s as I think they can sound a bit metallic so I went with steel.

the weight savings is about 30 pounds from the factory exhaust and it looks so much better in the rear than the factory exhaust.

I also have absolutely no drone on the highway even with exhaust flaps open.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'll throw a budget in the mix. Since you asked about V8, I put a rev9stainless which was under $900 on my V8 and it sounded great.

Here is what it sound like w/ straight pipes for contrast

21 - 40 of 45 Posts