Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the straightest loudest exhaust for an r8 (of course without a muffler) and where I could buy it.
It would be amazing if someone could find a company that delivers the exhausts to Europe.
Appreciate any answers, thank you

· Registered
1,877 Posts
Avior has my vote, Alex is great and his ti straights are 5 lbs and sound awesome.

· Registered
544 Posts
If you want a pure, straight exhaust that is made out of titanium, I'm not aware that anybody makes one. Avior and B. Rogue Built exhausts have X or H pipes and bends and curves. The closest thing to a straight exhaust is Soul Performance's exhaust as well as what SRM Autosports is offering above, but those are stainless steel.

I prefer having exhaust gases from the 2 banks exchange with eachother a bit. It's been explained to me that this aids in sound as well as scavenging.

I went with B. Rogue built: it sounds amazing, almost no drone, it's loud, and supposedly 20-25 hp gain as well as 68 lb weight savings.

· Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
1,443 Posts
So B Rogue makes an unbelievable one. A few guys in here got it and with a tune it adds like 60 hp. It’s all handmade too and they do some amazing metal work and welding.

next is Ryft. I’ve heard them in person. Sounds nice. But may cost more than B Rogue. I’m not sure. They too are handmade and each exhaust is numbered. Guess they produce only a certain amount per year.

if you google both exhausts. You will see that the tubes coming from the headers go up and curve, then come back down to the tailpipes. Elongating the tubing like that adds “resonance” and pitch to the sound. I had a FI “valved” SS exhaust on my gen 2 which had the same exact shape (but with a muffler) and was insanely loud and sounded different than most others.

since you want a straight pipe I would call b rogue and ask them to make you a custom one. (If you’d like anything special on it). Or just the one they have. Might take 3 weeks to make but it will be well worth the wait

· Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
684 Posts
In general, everyone is happy with the brand of exhaust they bought, and all the x-pipes are all way more similar than they are different. Just because it costs more doesn’t mean it sounds significantly different or even better.

· Vendor
32 Posts
We have SS and Titanium exhausts for the R8. We can also customize them to your needs. If anybody is interested, we have our Cyber Week Promo going on. Email us [email protected] or DM us on here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts