Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who do you think has the best V10 Plus tune for N/A?
I only know of two companies right now that I have found (not trying to start a war but not much out there on these cars)
I am hoping to find someone that specializes in Audi/Lamborghini not someone that does Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Audi....ect :)
Do you have actual before/after results? Dyno/Track Times
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Most tune the regular r8 to plus levels for the big gains at the expense of any risk. Myself, Im not sure the risk vs reward would be there on a plus. If you want to anyway. The vf engineer is solid tune for the v10 audi engines.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Some food for thought. I raced an E85 tuned 2nd gen v10 plus with an exhaust, from a 40 roll to 120 mph (I was bone stock except for akra exhaust) and it was dead even. If it matters, he was ahead of me by maybe 1/4 car length or 1/5 of a car length.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Some food for thought. I raced an E85 tuned 2nd gen v10 plus with an exhaust, from a 40 roll to 120 mph (I was bone stock except for akra exhaust) and it was dead even. If it matters, he was ahead of me by maybe 1/4 car length or 1/5 of a car length.
I would imagine the plus is pretty close to maxed out without changes to internals and major exhaust revision like the performante. And even then its only good for like under 30 hp. Ive only had this car for about a month and to me... the plus feels pretty darn strong. It kills just about anything at the strip other than purpose built drag weapons. I think it would benefit most from a better stock tcu calibration in dynamic mode and a performance mode that works like Porsche sport plus which auto shifts and keeps you at high revs and in the correct power band on track. So you can focus on becoming a better driver. If I were to ever mod my plus it would be forced induction but Im too skeered. Its too expensive and I dont feel like the car was really designed for me to romp on it with 800 ponies long term. It already makes violent noises and bangs bone stock, you can feel the internals working really really hard. If I got a TD1 it would need to be worth the squeeze and risk since Audi are complete jerk wads with warranty.
That said, if I had a base v10 i think a tune is a no brainer. 100 ponies is a different story plus theyre a little more affordable out the box. These are all personal opinions im not trying to say tuning a plus is wrong. I’ve tuned just about every turbo car i touch.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I plan to tune the **** out of the car once warranty is up, don't want the stealer give me any reason for oh we can't cover you for this situation.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tune a V10 base makes sense since Audi neuters the engine. Otherwise the V10 Plus is pretty much maxed out without modifying other things like headers, cams, etc. No one really does that and just goes forced induction.

Tuning a boosted car makes sense. Easily crank up the boost. Tuning a NA motor that already makes 600 HP isn't going to give you much at the end of the day. Waste of money.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Tune a V10 base makes sense since Audi neuters the engine. Otherwise the V10 Plus is pretty much maxed out without modifying other things like headers, cams, etc. No one really does that and just goes forced induction.

Tuning a boosted car makes sense. Easily crank up the boost. Tuning a NA motor that already makes 600 HP isn't going to give you much at the end of the day. Waste of money.
Oh thanks for letting me know, how about twin turbo charging a V10 plus?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think I just said if you're going to modify for substantial power differences just do what everyone else does and go forced induction. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
A bazillion hp. Never heard one in person but I would imagine it messes up the glorious sound.
For what its worth drag times has a v10 plus time slip on their website with the APR E85 tune running 10.6 @131.8. Seriosuly?!?! I ran a 10.7 bone stock and others run 10.5-10.6 with an exhaust. The performante traps like 5mph over that with yuge aero drag. I know it weighs less but i think to get big gains you need to follow that formula on top of the tune. Lose weight, beef up internals, straight pipe exhaust.etc. Prob costs less than twin turbo

·
Registered
704 Posts
Oh if it messes up the monster V 10 don't wanna mod the car then... The hole point of the hole car is the V10 NA which is in extinction and will die soon, soon will be replaced by overpriced cars like the Tycan like.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not really worth the cost on a plus. You could get smooth intake tubes and bmc filters and get the same amount of power for much less. The only difference is the speed limiter is usually removed with a tune.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone know if the pops and crackles can be more huracan like with a tune? Drove my friends LP610 with lambo race exhaust and it left me wanting to mod my currently stock V10+

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the vF engineering tune on my 18 non plus. Went from best 1/4 mile at 11.1 to 10.8. Could hang with my buddies plus until he twin turbo it. Have ran 10,000 plus miles on it with no issues

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the vF engineering tune on my 18 non plus. Went from best 1/4 mile at 11.1 to 10.8. Could hang with my buddies plus until he twin turbo it. Have ran 10,000 plus miles on it with no issues
I have been lead to believe that the VF tune brings your car up to 632hp. Where a Plus car is only 602hp. Numbers say you should have beaten him every time. What is your real life experience?

Anyone else want to share 1/4 mile times of your VF tune?

·
Supporting Vendor
423 Posts
Anyone know if the pops and crackles can be more huracan like with a tune? Drove my friends LP610 with lambo race exhaust and it left me wanting to mod my currently stock V10+

Of course...
All you need to do is ask! ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts