Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Manual R8 a few days and having carefully bedded in the engine as per manual I am finding quite a lot of black fine type of soot on the bumper around the exhaust outlets and inside the pipes.Car has now done 2500k and runs perfect.I had the min oil light come on just over 2000k and topped up with 1 litre which I understand is quite normal for these cars.
Do i have a possible problem or is the soot quite normal on such a new engine?Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
And no its not a V12 Diesel.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had this on my last few cars, and bike. Most noticeable on my silver 360. I stopped using Shell Optimax for a while , and it went away :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, for the exhaust : I had the same experience, this gets less as you use the car. I made a trip of 2500 km's lately without washing the car and found more-or-less the same amount of black fine soot as after the first 200 km's of my new car. Of course, now I have 11000 km on the clock...

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only petrol that does not seem to create soot is BP102 .. Surprised at the comment re Shell V-Power ...Shell and Tesco 99 seem to be the best in the UK. Apparently BP Ultimate is not bought enough and thus goes 'off'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts