Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did everyone do to get their mirror caps black? I understand Audi sells them in carbon, but I personally think black looks better. I’m being told the shape won’t hold a wrap to well.. what did everyone do??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
656 Posts
What did everyone do to get their mirror caps black? I understand Audi sells them in carbon, but I personally think black looks better. I’m being told the shape won’t hold a wrap to well.. what did everyone do??
Thanks in advance
The wrap should hold up just fine... I have a Gen1 with my mirrors wrapped and they've been wrapped for close to 3 years now. It does require me to push back some peel every once in a while, but thats not a big deal. Otherwise I would suggest removing and painting if you want something more permanent.

·
Premium Member
3,379 Posts
Mine came with black caps, so they must be available as a spare part if you want to buy them from Audi.

·
Registered
156 Posts
What color are your mirror caps? Mine are black and came that way stock. I had them wrapped with XPEL and no issues on the wrap.

·
Vendor
1,779 Posts
Mine came with black caps, so they must be available as a spare part if you want to buy them from Audi.
[/QUOT
Not available as a spare part from Audi. This is painted at the factory.

Only available in primer, aluminium and carbon fibre.

Kind regards

·
Registered
White V8 Manual
35 Posts
What year/gen do you have?

If I am not mistaken, the Gen 1 came with Audi TT mirrors, so you could probably pick up a pair of black TT mirror caps from a breakers much cheaper than having your ones painted/wrapped, and it would allow you to return them to stock should you change your mind or want to sell?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Canadian RWS had black mirrors. Are you Gen 1 or 2? If the latter you could perhaps order the RWS caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts