Audi R8 Forums banner

Black, Silver or Bronze?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Updated the silver and bronze wheels as the black is out for me...

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
def dont like the black on that particular car. bronze is dope but youre taking a risk and will stand out a lot. silver is the safe and good choice.
might suggest a gunmetal type color, halfway between silver and black if you think silver is to plain
good luck either way, nice car
Yea I agree...black is out. I was never a fan and this photoshops (as bad as they are) further proved to me that black wheels are not my thing, at least not on this car. Yes it matches all the other black stuff (roof, windows and even all the carbon on the car) but the silver is my favorite. The bronze is nice but its a little too out there for me...the silver is classy and timeless!

So silver it is :)

Reactions: dinkman

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Silver wins guys!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had both silver and black. I like the gloss black over a matte or satin black since it pops more. But long story short, I sold my silver HRE's and my next set of 20's will be bronze! I'm Sepang blue, but bronze definitely pops contrasting any blue!

Reactions: DaveL and slammedr8

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just went through this same issue, the black was over played. I did a color called “brass monkey” and pulls the deep bronze out of the carbon fiber. Had the gas cap finished to match!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really like the Black ( I like satin black vs Matte or gloss) on your Ascari along with the Red calipers. It works here. But it sounds like you’re going with silver ( my #2 here). I hate the gold/bronze on the blue because it DOES remind me of that combo on the Subaru WRX STI which I never liked. Ascari blue on the R8 is beautiful though.

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus
40 Posts
Graphite looked good with the carbon had my stocks powder coated if I ever go back to them
3DA63847-02A0-47D0-BD9A-3E482F83B7CA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Bronze , Black , Gun Metal. Not a fan of silver. Would also change the calipers to bronze. Love the car!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I‘m not usually a “black wheel guy”. I think it’s overdone, played out even and I think it just usually doesn’t look good. I find that black wheels disappear on the car whereas a silver wheel obviously shows more detail and really pops. That said, I also sort of think silver doesn’t work on my car as everything is black or carbon fiber, there’s nothing silver on the car besides the gas cap.

I managed to make some pretty terrible photoshops (using Microsoft paint) so don’t judge the quality and they are not to scale either. this is just a way to pick which color looks best on the Ascari Blue paint.

I’ve also added a 3rd option (Bronze) just to see what others say...so let me know your thoughts

The wheels are Ferrada FR8 in a 20/21” setup.
Thanks for your help guys

View attachment 262872 View attachment 262873
View attachment 262874
Silver 👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a fan of the silver wheels as on my car, there are 3 colors that all blend together. Here are pics of mine with the upgraded silver wheels. It is all taste but for me the black wheels did not have enough contrast. Sorry for the crappy shots.
20210610_213503.jpg
20210610_213445.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Black can look good, but definitely changes the overall mood of the car a little away from the luxurious side and toward the “racy” side. In my opinion it also requires changing out some pieces like the silver engine vents for black ones or the silver pieces left on the car really stand out and you end up with too many colors competing for attention. Haven’t decided on blacking our the the windshield frame or not yet.

Silver is always a nice choice to get a custom look while maintaining a bit more elegance IMO.

I ended up with matte black faces, gloss black barrels, and chrome bolts. Have both black and silver center caps, but plan to run with black once I get around to getting them on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Silver all day long.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts