Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just looking for some opinions to be honest.

My Audi R8 currently is black with the diamond cut rims which I really like.

What’s your opinion on powder coating the rims black?

I like the black look, looks stealth and very sporty.

But at the same time, looks a little bit boy racer.

Whereas diamond cut silver looks classy and fierce, contrasts well with the black imo.

I also like it as it’s OEM, how it came out the garage. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to change it as it will ruin the Audi look it was born with.

What’s your opinion guys?

Here’s a couple pics of the two styles (neither are mine but just off autotrader)

Black:

Silver:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
I prefer the silver look on a black car. Maybe a gunmetal finish as well. Black on black is a bit much in my opinion, but it's your car so go with what you like best.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer the silver look on a black car. Maybe a gunmetal finish as well. Black on black is a bit much in my opinion, but it's your car so go with what you like best.

Yeah I agree with you. I’ll see down the line. Might buy a second set of rims and get them done black so have the option of both

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Originals were gloss black, changed to gold forgeline when I went from OEM 19" to these at 20". I was happy with the gloss black.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originals were gloss black, changed to gold forgeline when I went from OEM 19" to these at 20".
I see, how did you find the gloss black look?

Also. How’s the ride on 20”?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
The roads are terrible here so no difference on ride quality (I have magride suspension which helps). I liked the black but wanted to go black/gold to match my motorcycle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
IMG_5219.jpg
I had the same thoughts and wound up going with Gunmetal and ended up loving the decision. It goes well with the Carbon blades.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi everyone.

Just looking for some opinions to be honest.

My Audi R8 currently is black with the diamond cut rims which I really like.

What’s your opinion on powder coating the rims black?

I like the black look, looks stealth and very sporty.

But at the same time, looks a little bit boy racer.

Whereas diamond cut silver looks classy and fierce, contrasts well with the black imo.

I also like it as it’s OEM, how it came out the garage. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to change it as it will ruin the Audi look it was born with.

What’s your opinion guys?

Here’s a couple pics of the two styles (neither are mine but just off autotrader)

Black:

Silver:

if you still have chrome accents like the front grill and emblems you're better off with the diamond cut finish.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On my previous car I switched to gunmetal since it hid the brake dust better than silver. Brake dust hasn't been an issue on my current ride so staying with silver. I also prefer a more basic open design as it's easier to clean and I like being able to see the discs and calipers.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking to go like this

Diamond cut with grey inserts

Need to find a black car with these on so I know what it’ll look like !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts