Audi R8 Forums banner

White with carbon sideblade or Black with carbon sideblade??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My last 2 cars have been black and I think both looked gorgeous and I chose the best color for them.
For the R8 however Im thinking of...white!!!! with carbon sideblades.
I seen a white one the other day and thought it looked amazing. Im still split on White or black though, was just wondering what everyone elses opinion??

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine is white with the standard ice silver blades and it's stunning. The best I can describe it is that is looks formidable -I'm guessing that visually it appears bigger than a black R8 - but at the same time just a little less agressive than other colors.

Everyone seems to love it and I get smiles and thumbs up from everyone from kids to white-haired old ladies.

Even tough-looking guys in rough areas are so enthused by it that by now I wonder why I even bother closing the doors. I bet that if anyone tried to steal or damage my car a bunch of heavies would beat him up and come to tell me about it.

In over 4,000 km and one month I have not had a single negative reaction.

An R8 in black is stunning, absolutely, but white seems to have some magic effect on people.

Numerous friends advised against white before I got it, some in no uncertain terms, and now say that they were wrong.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Personally, I think a brighter color blade on a black R8 looks better because of the contrast. The carbon looks nice too, but the whole car just seems to look black especially at night. IMHO, The carbon blades on a white R8 is the best combination.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to agree with previous members; white is a great color for the R8. I would however prefer the ice silver blades over the CF. I have seen both and the white and silver combination is stunning. I agonized over my color choice and finally chose Ice Silver w silver blades over the white but it was a tough choice. My decision was based on the fine design lines that I feel are best seen in silver and the fact that it is a safe and classic color choice, but I still often question whether I should have chosen white with silver instead. Go with white and you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Whatever color you get I think it is better to have a contrasting blade. Either black with Oxygen Silver blade or White with carbon blade is the best IMHO.

·
Registered
347 Posts
what else can i say.

consider also, (resonate i owe u this one but it's actually one of the first pics. still looking for good weather for photos shoot)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
800, that is stunning! I really am pushing towards white, it does really suit the car!
Im also thinking that with white after a year the little stone chips are not going to show up on white like they do on black so win win really!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definitely much easier to touch up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
800, nice stitching on the seats. I wish I had the mustang brown stitching on mine. :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
R8RUNNER I have never seen that color combination if im being honest. I think that is one at the top of your post heading thing, could you please post a larger pic so I can have a look?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up a white with carbon sideblades....awesome....spending way too much time talking to people who come upon it...a real looker!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts