Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some issues with my Bluetooth system. I can hear people just fine but people can't hear me very well.

I have had it investigated by Audi but I think I am about to be told it's fine...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same issue here. Bringing mine to the garage for the 3rd time next week. They are going to take out the system of a new car they have at the dealer and transfer it to mine (will take 3 days). No neg issues with the car except for this and the non iPod/iPhone factory compatibility of the B&O. And the phone issue is a real nightmare. I'm currently not using my phone bluetooth, since it is virtually useless.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Audi bluetooth system is notorious for being incompatible with many phones. Do a search on google and you will find pages devoted to issue. I had various compatibility, quality and cut-off problems in RS4 and now R8 - totally variable depending on phone.

When I first got R8, had a Samsung which had same problem as you - sounded OK to me, but not others. Switched to an HTC phone I think TyTN is same phone, and was much better, and have stuck with that since ( I lose a lot of phones...!). Generally I've found that if you have full phone book, call register compatibility the sound is OK, limited co0mpatibility = poor sound quality.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a HTC Cruise with the issue - a couple of blackberrys and a sony ericson (2 were on the compatibilty list!) have had problems

The latest news is they think I have a left hand drive microphone and are going to order a "proper" one :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
good point. the mike's pointing into the wrong direction. I might have a right drive one. maybe we just swap mikes and are both happy..

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
My blackberry seems to work fine with it. I have had long conversations where the other person was unaware I was in a car till I told them. It is a 2009 car, don't know if they made a change or you just have a faulty unit. Probably the later.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Have been using a Blackberry Pearl and Blackberry 7130 for the last year. Both work absolutely fine with the Bluetooth....................

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the same problem

Audi checked the car and found the mic on the wrong side, but he said he just moved it over there and then? Funny they had to order a part for you clueless?

Audi said i had to buy a cradle for the phone and this would sort it .............. So i did.... but no still useless.

This also creates a problem of how do i plug my ipone in for music if it's plugged into the cradle?

I can hear callers no problem but they just hang up in frustration when I talk back.

Maybe it's because of the noise in the cab, as the Bluetooth works fantastically in the A8 so much so i often go back to my car to make important calls.

I intended to call the r8 tech from the car and see if they can hear me! Because otherwise it’s very difficult to prove my case

I’ll call round and demand my money back because it’s a waste of kit.

Do not be fooled or pressured into buying one.

It will not make any difference.

Thanks everyone for this topic i thought i was the only one!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
My dealer did suggest that I purchase a cradle. I thought it was nonsense so I wouldn't buy one (Don't have a cradle compatible phone anyway). I am also not sure there is such a thing as right hand drive mic... I will find out when they replace it. The tech did say that it wasn't possible to change its direction when it first went in to be checked.

I have decided how I will check whether it is working... I will fill you in when it is installed.

You are never alone someone is always watching :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have come accross this on a few occasions. The problem has been with the Microphone pointing towards the passenger side (not uk) instead of the drivers side. I have just made the modification of turning the microphone aroundto point at the drivers side. I have not had a complaint since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got car back from garage today. technicians claim that different phones should not result in great difference in quality. Should you have trouble getting heard, something's wrong with the mike. In my case the mike wires were not connected correctly. Apparently three mikes (bigger central mike and two smaller ones) - and the cables that should've been connected to central was connected to smaller ones. Now everything's fine and sound quality of my speech is not to be compared to what it was before. So anyone who's got this problem, insist on getting mike checked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts