Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup everyone, just picked up a 2011 v10 spyder 6mt and love it. But of course nothing can be perfect lol. I was finally able to pair the car to my iphone but the issue I'm having is that no one can hear me. I hear them just fine. I tried multiple times with multiple different people and nada. I'm thinking its a mic problem and if it is, I'll prob just replace the headunit anyway but before I do I was seeing if maybe I'm missing something or if this was a common problem. Also I checked on the setup and mic was on. I tried both settings just in case but nada.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Short term, unbuckle the seat belt and the headliner mic takes over.

I have same issue, having it fixed at next service visit.

Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
any luck getting this issue fixed? I've read about work-arounds that involve disabling the seat belt mic (reverting to headliner mic), but I ride with the top down all the time and people are always surprised at the quality. I've had this issue crop up on my 2011 Spyder, and would like to fix the root cause.

Can anyone point me to info on how I can troubleshoot this (e.g. I have no idea how those microphone buttons in the seatbelt itself are connected to the control box, etc...Audi wouldn't have weaved micro-thin wires through the seatbelt fabric, would they?)? Any idea what a replacement belt would cost, if it comes to that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts