Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some pretty heavy squealing every time I come to a near stop. The car brakes just fine but it's when I'm applying very little pressure coming to a complete stop that the brakes squeal pretty badly.

Anyone else experienced that?:mad:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I'm getting some pretty heavy squealing every time I come to a near stop. The car brakes just fine but it's when I'm applying very little pressure coming to a complete stop that the brakes squeal pretty badly.

When mine was new (1400 miles ago) it was the same as you describe (light braking, just coming to a stop) ...our weather was pretty cold too. The dealer said it was normal with new brakes and with cold weather. I noticed a significant reduction in the squealing as the brakes bedded in. Now it only does it on very cold mornings when I have not used the brakes enough to warm them up.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Had that at first too but it seems to be easing up as the miles are added.

·
Registered
71 Posts

I have 1200 miles and the same experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh yeah.... started a little over 2,000 mi..... tech said is normal 'junk' buildup and if you run at about 50 mph and come to a quick hard stop, maybe a couple of times... should clean the pads.... It worked! You may have to do it a few times, as I had to but now no squeaks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drove the car most of the day yesterday, didn't squeal until it got later and colder. I suspect outside temperature is the real factor right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have nearly six thousand miles on the car. I have also experienced minor episodes of squealing just as described--coming to a slower stop at the very end. My experience is that it is more come and go, but most of the time not there. I had a little at the very beginning. Then it went away for a long time. Then it was back for a little bit. Now it has been gone for a while. I agree that a few hard stops, perhaps with changes from washing, make a difference, although I'm no expert.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts